Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker interface annoying?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you also find the slacker interface annoying?
While I appreciate the free streaming, I pay for the premium account, I find the Tesla interface very annoying.
1: Why can’t you look at all the songs in a given album to choose the one you want?
2: why can’t you repeat a song or rewind a song? ( I know with a premium membership, you can create playlist on your computer at home to pseudo circumvent this...not very pragmatic or useful)
3: why doesn’t slacker play the same song when asked (if it had already played that song)? It actually creates a station with the song name, but never plays the actual song, if you ask it to play a song twice. Very annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: David29
I don't hate Slacker but I don't like it either. Until I bought my car I didn't know they were still in business. I used to use it back in 2010-11. I think Tesla is their life-line right now.

Give me Google Play Music!!! $15/mo for 5 people. Can't beat it.

Basic Slacker licenses music with today's equivalent of Radio Station licensing. With Radio Station type licensing, you are allowed to choose any type music that you want, you may even make requests, but you don't own the music and have complete control to play it when you desire.
That's different from the "owning the record" type of license where you can play the same song over and over again and can customize your play list to your hearts content.

It's all a matter of paying the music industry and has been a huge issue for years.

I suspect that the Tesla app has been designed more for the free version and doesn't have the customizations that are enhanced in the payed version. Like most everything else on the car, I suspect that these are areas that will be updated, in due time.