Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Invalid Tesla Credentials

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could have sworn that the Slacker interface showed the Tesla account being signed in prior to 40.2. Now all I see is a "sign in" option. Is this the new “normal” experience?

If I tap that and tap "use Tesla account" all that happens is that I get a spinning circle. I can tap on my favorites and they play, though.

I've only had the car 4 months.

I could have sworn that the Slacker interface showed the Tesla account being signed in prior to 40.2. Now all I see is a "sign in" option. Is this the new “normal” experience?

If I tap that and tap "use Tesla account" all that happens is that I get a spinning circle. I can tap on my favorites and they play, though.

I've only had the car 4 months.

exactly the same on my car, one year old end of November.

Already subscribed to Tesla's Premium Connectivity, but since then, I can no longer search for songs. A different-looking Slacker app pops up when yoi do a search, but its Songs and Artist pages are blank and only has Podcast content. Any similar experience from anyone?

Already subscribed to Tesla's Premium Connectivity, but since then, I can no longer search for songs. A different-looking Slacker app pops up when yoi do a search, but its Songs and Artist pages are blank and only has Podcast content. Any similar experience from anyone?

SR+ owner here. I've never had the ability to search for individual songs. When I search for a specific song, it only pulls up a "station" of that song.

SR+ owner here. I've never had the ability to search for individual songs. When I search for a specific song, it only pulls up a "station" of that song.
And that's what it used to do on my LR as well. But since subscribing to Premium Connectivity, the only content that shows up in searches are Podcasts. No songs whatsoever. All I can do now are play my favorites from before, no new searches. I was wondering if anyone has a similar experience since this Premium Connectivity. If not, then may have to schedule this with Service which I was trying to avoid.

And that's what it used to do on my LR as well. But since subscribing to Premium Connectivity, the only content that shows up in searches are Podcasts. No songs whatsoever. All I can do now are play my favorites from before, no new searches. I was wondering if anyone has a similar experience since this Premium Connectivity. If not, then may have to schedule this with Service which I was trying to avoid.

Ah. I think that will be a Slacker problem. Podcasts are handled by a service called TuneIn. Hopefully if you log it as an issue in the Tesla app, they can fix it remotely.

Reactions: mr_magu
Now all I see is a "sign in" option. Is this the new “normal” experience? If I tap that and tap "use Tesla account" all that happens is that I get a spinning circle. I can tap on my favorites and they play, though.
Exactly the same. I tried to log into Slacker Radio from a "normal" (non-Tesla) web browser, and it seems to have morphed into LiveXLive. Well I then created myself an account there, logged in and out to make sure I was able to log into "the new Slacker". Back to the Tesla Streaming UI, Log in, See SLacker Radio, type in my new LiveXLive credentials, "Invalid Account". Tried several times just to make sure I wasn't having a brain fade.

I can't find out how to "call Tesla" at all either. I know the guys at the local "store" where I bought the car are clueless (my guy started by trying to sell me solar power!!). How did you EVER get a Slacker/Tesla account. I get the spinning circle.

All I can do from Streaming with my 1-year free "premium connectivity" is to use the pre-made Generes and let them play what they want. This seems truly lame for a $100,000 car (2020 MXLR+)