TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Slacker loading error

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Darthbenji, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Member

All morning slacker will play 5-10 seconds of a song then skip to the next song and display loading error. Did the screen reboot and still the issue is there. I have a solid LTE connection and the navigations and maps is fine. Any ideas?

2. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

I have had this happen a handful of times before as well and it seems to resolve itself a short while later. Haven’t had a problem yet since I updated to 2018.39.6, but I bet I just jinxed myself by typing that. What version is your 3 running?

3. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Member

4. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

I know you said you’ve already rebooted a few times but give it another shot. Also try playing from another audio source other than Slacker for a little bit and then go back to Slacker again.

5. Kiyi

Kiyi Member

I have the same problem. Strong LTE and reboots don't help. Just noticed I'm connected to wifi and it works without issue. Turning off wifi results in loading error

6. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Member

Rebooted three more times and it works now. It was connected back on wifi at one point. Not sure if that played a role

7. Dante

Dante Member

Same here. Last 2 days lots of loading errors. Only definitive fix was getting home and connecting to wifi. Grrr

8. yyzbig6

yyzbig6 Member

Same here. WiFi works. LTE doesn’t.

9. Kiyi

Kiyi Member

Rebooted again and it worked

10. Dante

Dante Member

I wonder if it has something to do with the new firmware update being rolled out? I just got v.9 will see if music issue persists. This is a new issue to add to my list :mad:

11. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Member

I had it fixed and then it came back with v9. Took three reboots to fix again.

12. McFlurri

McFlurri Active Member

Same issue here too

13. dusdev

dusdev Member

I've had the loading error intermittently also. It would happen somewhat regularly on 2018.36. On Saturday morning I was upgraded to 2018.39.7 (9736c9b) and the issue is still happening. It seems rather unpredictable. I've resorted to just using Spotify steaming from my phone for now until it's resolved.

14. Alby

Alby Member

Same problem here, and not just slacker. TuneIn doesn't work for me either, and web page loads are very flakey. Haven't tried yet on Wifi. This started happening the night before the update rolled out and persists after the 39.7 update. Have rebooted once.

15. patp

patp Member

Same thing here. Only on happens on LTE. It seems the connection is "dropping" when on LTE. Probably a software bug. Rebooting had no effect.

I just realized we're all from Canada... So maybe a roaming issue?- Only happens on our latest Model 3. My VIN is in the 106XXX range.

16. absolut20

absolut20 Member

Same issue here - Slacker not working at all. Even my maps seem a bit wonky on LTE. Works fine on wifi

17. Alby

Alby Member

Yes, maps are wonky too. Rebooted 4 times, no effect. Everything works on WiFi, no problem. After reboot, will work for a minute or so and then stop. In Ottawa, so carrier/roaming may be a clue.

Anybody report it to Tesla yet?

18. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Member

How many of you had your cars hooked to wifi all along? I ask because my issues with slacker, maps and now the browser only started the day after I first connected to wifi in order to get v9 quicker. The car had never seen wifi prior to last week. Maybe it’s cooncidence but my LTE issues only started after a wifi connection.

19. patp

patp Member

#19 patp, Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Was able to fix the issue on my side. LTE works super fast now and no issues with songs.

I did a HARD reset instead of the normal one.

Firmly press the brake pedal then the two steering wheel buttons (like for normal reset). Rebooting takes longer and shows the Tesla logo.

Hope this works for others too.

20. 23.skidoo

23.skidoo Member

Also have been experiencing this issue on and off for the last few days in greater Vancouver area, both before and after version 9 update on the car. Reboot sometimes will resolve the issue for a while. Seems to coincide with the mass rollout of the V9 firmware update? Was never an issue for us since getting the car in June. Anybody know the cell carrier Tesla uses in Canada?