Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker loading error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All morning slacker will play 5-10 seconds of a song then skip to the next song and display loading error. Did the screen reboot and still the issue is there. I have a solid LTE connection and the navigations and maps is fine. Any ideas?

All morning slacker will play 5-10 seconds of a song then skip to the next song and display loading error. Did the screen reboot and still the issue is there. I have a solid LTE connection and the navigations and maps is fine. Any ideas?

I have had this happen a handful of times before as well and it seems to resolve itself a short while later. Haven’t had a problem yet since I updated to 2018.39.6, but I bet I just jinxed myself by typing that. What version is your 3 running?

I know you said you’ve already rebooted a few times but give it another shot. Also try playing from another audio source other than Slacker for a little bit and then go back to Slacker again.

I've had the loading error intermittently also. It would happen somewhat regularly on 2018.36. On Saturday morning I was upgraded to 2018.39.7 (9736c9b) and the issue is still happening. It seems rather unpredictable. I've resorted to just using Spotify steaming from my phone for now until it's resolved.

Same problem here, and not just slacker. TuneIn doesn't work for me either, and web page loads are very flakey. Haven't tried yet on Wifi. This started happening the night before the update rolled out and persists after the 39.7 update. Have rebooted once.

Same thing here. Only on happens on LTE. It seems the connection is "dropping" when on LTE. Probably a software bug. Rebooting had no effect.

I just realized we're all from Canada... So maybe a roaming issue?- Only happens on our latest Model 3. My VIN is in the 106XXX range.

Yes, maps are wonky too. Rebooted 4 times, no effect. Everything works on WiFi, no problem. After reboot, will work for a minute or so and then stop. In Ottawa, so carrier/roaming may be a clue.

Anybody report it to Tesla yet?

How many of you had your cars hooked to wifi all along? I ask because my issues with slacker, maps and now the browser only started the day after I first connected to wifi in order to get v9 quicker. The car had never seen wifi prior to last week. Maybe it’s cooncidence but my LTE issues only started after a wifi connection.

Was able to fix the issue on my side. LTE works super fast now and no issues with songs.

I did a HARD reset instead of the normal one.

Firmly press the brake pedal then the two steering wheel buttons (like for normal reset). Rebooting takes longer and shows the Tesla logo.

Hope this works for others too.

Last edited:
Also have been experiencing this issue on and off for the last few days in greater Vancouver area, both before and after version 9 update on the car. Reboot sometimes will resolve the issue for a while. Seems to coincide with the mass rollout of the V9 firmware update? Was never an issue for us since getting the car in June. Anybody know the cell carrier Tesla uses in Canada?