Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker loading error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also have been experiencing this issue on and off for the last few days in greater Vancouver area, both before and after version 9 update on the car. Reboot sometimes will resolve the issue for a while. Seems to coincide with the mass rollout of the V9 firmware update? Was never an issue for us since getting the car in June. Anybody know the cell carrier Tesla uses in Canada?
Rogers

I wonder if it’s due to increased data traffic on Rogers LTE network related to the V9 rollout.

I work for Rogers and doubt this is the issue as there's other customers that would use way more data and bandwidth than Tesla does. However, it does seem like they VPN all traffic back to the US, as if you use the web browser in the car it and ask who your ISP is, it will show Jasper Networks (Jasper is the IoT platform) and has a US IP address showing usually California as your location. A VPN can only handle so much bandwidth being that it's encrypted traffic so it's more likely that it's the VPN getting congested vs the LTE network, but that's just my guess. Having said that, I'm in Toronto and have not experienced this issue at all.

• Informative
Reactions: 23.skidoo
Having the same problem. Also added to this at the same time is Google Maps tile problem.

Tried the reboot - two buttons on the wheel and break till I see the T on the screen. Problem persists.

Attachments

• 7BC8029B-7101-4487-945B-10E8E50EDC75.jpeg
    7BC8029B-7101-4487-945B-10E8E50EDC75.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 72
  • EB718267-3967-4942-8E24-F7EB307B432F.jpeg
    EB718267-3967-4942-8E24-F7EB307B432F.jpeg
    686.6 KB · Views: 61
I work for Rogers and doubt this is the issue as there's other customers that would use way more data and bandwidth than Tesla does. However, it does seem like they VPN all traffic back to the US, as if you use the web browser in the car it and ask who your ISP is, it will show Jasper Networks (Jasper is the IoT platform) and has a US IP address showing usually California as your location. A VPN can only handle so much bandwidth being that it's encrypted traffic so it's more likely that it's the VPN getting congested vs the LTE network, but that's just my guess. Having said that, I'm in Toronto and have not experienced this issue at all.
Interesting. It seems plausible that unusually high data traffic through a bottleneck VPN may be affecting the streaming media. Several hundreds of megabytes in the V9 firmware update going out to thousands of cars in the ramp up over the last few days. Makes sense that Tesla is suggesting to connect to WiFi for the update. We'll see if the streaming media issues subside as this batch of the update settles down or if it's something else that will need a fix.

Agreed,

I also noticed this a day and a half PRIOR to getting the V9 update, so it makes perfect sense their traffic is just overloading their VPN network capacity. I wonder how long it'll take them to increase that pipe size so this isn't an issue for all future updates, should this actually be the cause...

Interesting. It seems plausible that unusually high data traffic through a bottleneck VPN may be affecting the streaming media. Several hundreds of megabytes in the V9 firmware update going out to thousands of cars in the ramp up over the last few days. Makes sense that Tesla is suggesting to connect to WiFi for the update. We'll see if the streaming media issues subside as this batch of the update settles down or if it's something else that will need a fix.

Still a problem... Slacker hasn't really worked in the past few days. Sometimes it will load 1 song but trying anything such as moving songs or a new channel results in a "Loading error". Full LTE. Also browser does not really load anything.

All morning slacker will play 5-10 seconds of a song then skip to the next song and display loading error. Did the screen reboot and still the issue is there. I have a solid LTE connection and the navigations and maps is fine. Any ideas?
Same issue here with songs skipping at first then completely failing to loading error. It started for me Thursday Oct 11th and then on the 12th I received v9 which didn't change anything. While it wasn't working on LTE it seemed to work fine on Wifi and reboots/power down didn't help. Since Monday it has been working more often then not, but it is still be finicky at times.

Me too! On version 34.2. LTE icon seems to be OK. I've always had periodic loading errors, but over the weekend it got really bad, could not listen to Slacker/TuneIn, every attempt would result in Loading Error. I also got some tile errors in maps that I have not seen before. Soft reboots (double button press) and hard reboots (double button press with brakes) didn't help. One more symptom, may not be related but who knows, on Sunday my MCU rebooted itself 3x in one day. Problem has not gone away. When on WiFi things seem to work OK. I can still remotely access my car from the phone so basic connectivity is still OK.