Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker loading error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah something is seriously up with my LTE too. Song skipping, streams not loading at all and the LTE connection sometimes just down. Soft and hard reboots no help. I can deal with it for a bit but hopefully they’re on it.

Edit: Canada!

I'm on V9 and that's when slacker stopped working; it played a song for about 10 seconds and then displayed an error. I tried rebooting by holding down the two steering wheel buttons a few times but that didnt fix the problem. I noticed it did work on wifi.

Last night I pressed the brake down and reset. Slacker now works.

Yesterday (Oct 16) during my morning commute I got nothing but 'loading error' but at 5pm for my commute home everything seemed to be working fine and it continues to work OK this morning. I did nothing specific to fix it. I suspect the problem is/was somewhere within Tesla's infrastructure.

I'm guessing that Tesla has under capacity network links from the Canadian LTE providers to their server infrastructure. With the latest influx of new Model 3 deliveries they hit capacity and the system is dropping traffic. I guess after we leave 'delivery hell' we're onto 'support hell'. Luckily this is a minor issue. I've just started using Spotify from my phone for music.

Still having this issue today. Put in a support message but have heard nothing back.

Same as above for last 3 days.
Tried reboot. Did not work.

Works at times and other times doesnt. I'm on V9 and have seen no change. Bandwith issues it would seem as even with 4 bars of LTE it will have an error loading until I drive out to Coquitlam and then all of a sudden it starts working.

I'm still having this issue today. Slacker is basically unusable, even with reboots - just occasionally if I jump around lots of streams one will work for a bit but most of them just attempt to play a bunch of songs, some with a snippet of sound, then go to loading error. Streaming radio, FM radio and bluetooth are all fine.

Anyone had any contact back from Tesla after reporting this?