Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker - Logging in Issue

Tesla chooses to offer Slacker so it is responsible to keep it working in the car.

I am not sure I follow that logic. Slacker is a 3rd party and Tesla cannot be responsible for 3rd party services, even if it allows for that 3rd party to be accessed in their car. That is like saying that Tesla and every other car maker would be responsible for making sure XM Radio was always available and could never suffer from service disruptions. I think that would be a bit ridiculous.

Slacker is an embedded third party service that Tesla packages as a car feature. This is different than Tesla saying that Slacker and other streaming media services are “compatible” with Tesla. I believe some car manufacturers do allow owners to download various third party apps and use them in the car’s head unit. This is not how Tesla packages the Slacker music service.

I am not sure I follow that logic. Slacker is a 3rd party and Tesla cannot be responsible for 3rd party services, even if it allows for that 3rd party to be accessed in their car. That is like saying that Tesla and every other car maker would be responsible for making sure XM Radio was always available and could never suffer from service disruptions. I think that would be a bit ridiculous.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC