TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Slacker - Logging in Issue

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by dcmetro, Mar 6, 2018.

1. dcmetro

dcmetro Member

All,

Have you folks have been successful in logging into Slacker using the email/pass provided by Tesla? Keeps spinning for me and does not login. Tried on LTE and Wifi but no luck.

TIA

2. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

Happened to me last Sunday. Rebooted the main screen and it worked after. To reboot, hold down and press both scroll wheels for like 5 second.

3. dcmetro

dcmetro Member

Thx for the reply..will try this evening.

4. dcmetro

dcmetro Member

I rebooted the system but still cannot login. Just get a message "Using the Tesla account" but it keeps spinning and does not login. However, I was able to login into the website using the same credentials. So its something to do with the car. Any other suggestions?

5. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

Make sure you give it enough time. After you reboot, the car doesn’t get internet connection back for minutes (it took nearly 10 for me). If you see that it has lte or 3G and it still doesnt work, then I don’t know what you can do besides calling the service center and ask.

6. dcmetro

dcmetro Member

Yeah, did that. Tried it this morning as well. No luck. I'll ask Service folks. Maybe they know.

7. ummgood

ummgood Member

Did you get it working? Mine quit today with the same issue.

8. wayner

wayner Active Member

9. drj400m

drj400m Member

Per my research it seems as if Slacker did not update their domain name. Slacker hasn’t been working at all. Not on internet, app or our cars. Hopefully if gets rectified soon!

10. wayner

wayner Active Member

But it isn't a DNS error or anything like that - it is a login error. It appears that the car is getting to the Slacker IP address but isn't able to authenticate.

11. f3honda4me

f3honda4me Member

I don’t think that’s it. Homepage loads fine. I can also login and access account details. I can play music from the iPhone app fine.

12. azred

azred Active Member

Imagine the tech support line when a few hundred thousand cars are on the road. This is nonsense.

13. Frankman60

Frankman60 Member

Agreed. Tesla chooses to offer Slacker so it is responsible to keep it working in the car. This service interruption reflects poorly on Tesla in my mind, not Slacker.

• Disagree x 2
  14. 1680md

1680md Member

My slacker is out as well. Tried resetting with no luck

15. jorobsand

jorobsand Member

I am not sure I follow that logic. Slacker is a 3rd party and Tesla cannot be responsible for 3rd party services, even if it allows for that 3rd party to be accessed in their car. That is like saying that Tesla and every other car maker would be responsible for making sure XM Radio was always available and could never suffer from service disruptions. I think that would be a bit ridiculous.

16. morrisdl

morrisdl Member

+1 more. Slacker app on my phone works then bluetooth to the Tesla as a workaround.

17. drj400m

drj400m Member

It’s back up. The Facebook page for slacker just said there were technical problems

18. jlv1

jlv1 Member

It's still failing for us. We are in the car now, found it not working, and I came here to see if anyone else was having an issue.

Had to use the radio. #firstworldproblems

19. Frankman60

Frankman60 Member

Slacker is an embedded third party service that Tesla packages as a car feature. This is different than Tesla saying that Slacker and other streaming media services are “compatible” with Tesla. I believe some car manufacturers do allow owners to download various third party apps and use them in the car’s head unit. This is not how Tesla packages the Slacker music service.

20. f3honda4me

f3honda4me Member

Yep working again.