TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Slacker message indicating someone else is using my account

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Cal1, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Cal1

Cal1 Member

I got the strangest message last week. I alternate between different screens and do not use the media screen all the time but usually have Slacker playing in the background. I noticed that nothing was playing so I pressed the media screen and got a message that actually said someone else was using my slacker account and that I could change it back by simply selecting something. I do not have a personal Slacker account on my MS, just the factory provided service. It did work and change to my selection but I thought this was pretty unsettling. I do have the latest 5.9 update.

Has anyone else else experienced this? I have about 15k miles and this is the only time I've ever seen this.

2. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Happened to me yesterday. I'd never seen it before in 16 months and 28,000 miles. Just tapped on the Slacker tab again and it came up fine. My guess is it was just some kind of weird Slacker server issue.

3. GDH

GDH Banned

CLICK ME

4. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

I saw this twice a couple of weeks ago. Never saw it before 5.9.

IMG_5832.jpeg

5. GDH

GDH Banned

Mine does it every day.

6. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

Did it ever happen prior to 5.9? The two times it happened to me, it was shortly after leaving home, so my thinking was maybe an issue with switching form WiFi to 3G which would cause the car to have to re-login and the old login hadn't timed out yet.

7. GDH

GDH Banned

Yes, I think we all get a demo period and that seems to be ending?...not sure though. I opened a free account and logged into Slacker in my car and it said that I needed to pay for an account....went back to Tesla and they reentered the "demo" Tesla email.

8. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Never happened to me prior to 5.9. I think your theory is a plausible one...mine happened within 2 minutes of leaving my garage.

9. Cal1

Cal1 Member

Seems like it keeps resetting itself and forgets stuff like recently searched items, last station etc. anyone else experiencing this? Happens at least twice a week.

10. shady

shady Member

I thought I read in the manual that only one Tesla can use the account at a time. I've reserved 2 hours for next Thursday afternoon.