TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Slacker +"musical note" button

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Morristhecat, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

For the past 1 2/3 years, whenever I hear a song on Slacker that I like, I have hit the button below the album art that looks like a plus sign with a musical note. I always figured that this would add the current song to a favorites list or something. But I have never been able to figure out any actual real use for this +note button. Sure, the subsequent times that the favourited song plays, the button is lit up in blue so as to indicate that it is remembered as a favorite. But there is no way that I see that indicates that the song is more frequently played, or a place where I can play such a list of favorites. Has anyone figured it out? Am I missing something?

2. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

I believe Slacker and Pandora use your list of favorites to cross reference other folks with similar likes. They look at common songs liked, and patterns.. thus, giving them the ability to suggest songs that you are likely to also like -- after you like a bunch of songs, you should start getting songs you probably like - ie its not totally random. For services with ads (not in the Tesla), this also gives valuable demographic info allowing for targeted ads.

3. jyinger

jyinger Member

I've wondered the same thing. It would be cool, wouldn't it, if you could tell Slacker--just play back my favorites.

4. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Yeah, unfortunately, you cannot do this from the car and not with the Tesla-provided Slacker Basic account anyway.

My solution to this is to pay for my own Slacker Premium account and compile playlists with the songs that I favorited in the past. I can then use this account and the playlists feature in the car.

5. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

"no way that I see that indicates that the song is more frequently played" - well, would would you expect to "see" that would indicate this? You'd have to notice whether they seem to come up periodically.

For what it's worth, I find that favorited songs do play more often - it's subjective, but I don't believe I'm imagining it. ;-)

#resurrecting-month-old-thread, sorry ;-)

6. IceAge

IceAge Member

gg, incorrect. Using the Tesla supplied account, I added the "Mashup" station through the Slacker website, and use it all the time in the car.

7. gg_got_a_tesla

Interesting. Thanks! Will try that.

8. Majerus

Majerus Member

Did Tesla give you the credentials for your account in order to do this?

9. gg_got_a_tesla

You can ask ownership@ for them.

10. bananaheim

bananaheim Member

What is ownership@ and how do I contact them? Thank you.

11. mattreidy

mattreidy Member

You can send an email to [email protected] requesting the Slacker account credentials associated with your car. Just be sure to include your VIN in the email too.

12. Majerus

Majerus Member

About 2 hours after sending an email to Ownership I received the info. Thanks for the help everyone.

13. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

I was also able to associate the Tesla credentials with my Google+ account so I can log in to slacker with that (both web and Android) and I don't have to remember the Tesla credentials.

14. preilly44

preilly44 Member

How did you associate the Tesla account with your Google+ account?

Patrick

15. spaghetti

spaghetti Member

So I got my credentials from ownership and tagged some Slacker recommended stations as "My Music" on my laptop. But these stations do not show up under "Favorites" in my Model S. Anyone has any pointers to how I can have stations under "My Music" show up in my Model S?

16. Brittt1

Brittt1 Member

I did the same thing and went into the menu and apps and then clicked on Restore on my slacker account, they showed up when i went back.

17. spaghetti

spaghetti Member

Perfect, worked like a charm. Thank you.

18. santana338

santana338 Member

Since I don't use slacker outside the car, can you tell me what you gain by doing this? I have just created stations by artists and select those. My kids like to hit the "like" and "dislike" buttons. Will accessing slacker on a PC with credentials supplied by ownership change anything or just let me select the artist streams through another mechanism?

19. spaghetti

spaghetti Member

Slacker makes recommendations based on my listening history. These recommendations appear as music stations on a PC but not in the Model S. Once you add these recommendations to "My Music" (on a PC), they will appear under "Favorites" (after the restore procedure outlined by Britt1 above) in the Model S. Convoluted but useful.

20. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

I'm struggling. I got my credentials from tesla and went online and uploaded my mashup. Restored slacker even logged out and back in but can't find the mashup. Help!