Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Next to Useless after 4.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mknox

Aug 7, 2012
Toronto, ON
Since upgrading the car to 4.3, I have found Slacker radio to be practically useless. It constantly stutters, stops and buffers and sometimes just sits and won't play at all. I have to resort to XM :crying: but was planning on letting my XM subscription lapse. I seem to have a good 3G signal (4 or 5 bars) so I attribute this to something to do with the software update. It worked perfectly on 4.2.

I've always had that problem with Slacker, and the stuttering comes and goes - little to no correlation to number of bars. I've taken to lowering the Quality setting. That definitely helps.

I've wondered if maybe rebooting the touchscreen would have an impact... something to try.

I agree. Slacker functionality has significantly degraded since I upgraded to 4.3 (and I'd still love to be able to use "premium" Slacker features).

Me too. Never heard a stutter on 4.0, 4.1, or 4.2 but since going to 4.3, it has happened a sporadically Actually commented to the wife I was surprised it didn't occur more often, but I now realize it really hadn't happened pre-4.3.

Since upgrading the car to 4.3, I have found Slacker radio to be practically useless. It constantly stutters, stops and buffers and sometimes just sits and won't play at all. I have to resort to XM :crying: but was planning on letting my XM subscription lapse. I seem to have a good 3G signal (4 or 5 bars) so I attribute this to something to do with the software update. It worked perfectly on 4.2.

I've noticed the same thing. Used to be much more consistent before the switch to 4.3.

A 17" reboot (holding both scroll buttons) fixed the stutters/pauses for me on 4.3. We just finished a 3K road trip and I rebooted the 17" about 5 times during the trip, but only once for the stutters.

My wife and I have noticed that connectivity in general seems to have drastically improved with 4.3. we were having a lot of trouble with both slacker and streaming pandora from an Iphone 5. we have yet to have any of those issues since the update... fingers crossed.

A 17" reboot (holding both scroll buttons) fixed the stutters/pauses for me on 4.3. We just finished a 3K road trip and I rebooted the 17" about 5 times during the trip, but only once for the stutters.

Not to stray from the topic, but what made you need to reboot your 17" 5 times in 3k miles?

I'm kind of disturbed at the ho-hum attitude people here seem to have regarding reboots. I know... I know... "early adopter" and all that, but we shouldn't be needing to reboot our car screens all the time.

Not to stray from the topic, but what made you need to reboot your 17" 5 times in 3k miles?

I'm kind of disturbed at the ho-hum attitude people here seem to have regarding reboots. I know... I know... "early adopter" and all that, but we shouldn't be needing to reboot our car screens all the time.

my 17" assembly is being replaced on Friday as it was having issues with loud/continuous loud fan noises.

Mine has been better since new years. The stuttering for me has always been related to being close to the mall or when students have more free time. My limitation has been others data use, not mine. The lower quality worked around Christmas but is no longer needed.

No change with firmware for me.