Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker no longer works

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 Model S (still under 4 years time in service). Original 3G chip

Slacker asks for credentials, pushing the "Use Tesla Login" results in and "unable to log in, try again later" message.

Connectivity is good (for a 3G chip), Tunein still works. USB works. Streaming over Bluetooth works.

Have rebooted more than once, and power cycled car with no change in the behavior.

Talked to phone support, they suggested talking to service center. I've been leaving messages for 3 days now without a response (I'm more than 200 miles from the nearest service center)

Any ideas?

Does it connect when you are on your home WIFI? Have you tried using your own personal Slacker account (if you don't have one set one up for testing)?

Does not work on 3G or WiFi, I don’t have a personal slacker account

Everything else working as normal. Maps are downloading (although slowly as 3g coverage continues to deteriorate), all other functions work as they should. Just no slacker.

Reactions: QUBO
I'm fairly certain that the problem is Tesla pulling the plug early on my slacker account (I have a few months left of warranty coverage) but I still haven't heard back from them.

I've been contacting them daily through the website and leaving phone messages with the nearest service center every morning this week.

got through to somebody on the "Chat" from the support page. She was very nice and scheduled a ranger to contact me.

She suspects something isn't working right, since logs show me logged it, but it's still totally non-functional

Haven't heard back from the service center yet.

Mobile service contacted me first thing this morning, and are working on the issue.

Just for grins, and because I want to know what an LTE upgrade would cost, I left yet another daily message with the service center. They haven't reached out or answered their phone in over a week now. I actually think the line is unmonitored.

• Informative
Reactions: QUBO
Mobile service contacted me first thing this morning, and are working on the issue.

Just for grins, and because I want to know what an LTE upgrade would cost, I left yet another daily message with the service center. They haven't reached out or answered their phone in over a week now. I actually think the line is unmonitored.

Thanks for the info. I am in a similar boat, with about 6 months left in the supposed 4 year contract.

I finally got to talk to somebody at the Nashville (Brentwood) service center. I did this by calling a different service center (in St. Louis) and after being on hold for several minutes got transferred to a call center in Canada. The person at the call center was able to message the Brentwood service center and get the service manager on the line. He was pleasant, and arranged to email me a quote for the LTE upgrade (just got it--$500+tax).

He said the only way to contact the service center was to schedule an appointment, and then they will reach out to discuss prior to the appointment. I did actually make an appointment for saturday (two days ago) but never heard from them and obviously didn't drive the 200+ miles to keep the appointment when I hadn't been able to even verify that they were still open.

Talked with the remote diagnostic technician who has confirmed that there is a problem with the "stack" for slacker and they are trying to figure it out.

He also suggested making sure the web browser (which I rarely use) is on a page like google that has few graphics and no flash animation (like the weather channel or something) to conserve processor cycles and bandwidth

Thank you very much for this post. I am having trouble logging into my personal slacker account. Contacted support today via the phone and didn't get much assistance. Think I will go ahead and try to create a service appointment and see if I have better success.

Thank you very much for this post. I am having trouble logging into my personal slacker account. Contacted support today via the phone and didn't get much assistance. Think I will go ahead and try to create a service appointment and see if I have better success.

One thing I would check when setting up the appointment, is that the car's time (on the MCU clock) agrees with your cellphone or another internet time source. That was apparently useful information, and they were able to remotely fix mine very quickly after learning that.

I was told 19.12 would fix the clock issue. My slacker did not work and my clock was 4 minutes off. Service supposedly "synched" my car with there service computer and now my time is correct and slacker works. Since my car is on 18.50.6, I was a bit disappointed that the fix was an update, even though the roll out was supposed to be a "week or two". However, it since it is working, I'm happy.