TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Slacker: No more songs available

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by hacer, Jul 17, 2016.

1. hacer

hacer Member

So I created a couple of custom stations in slacker (on my PC using my Tesla account) each of which had about 50 artists. My son also created one with only 4 artists. They were all working great until a few days ago. Then my two stations started showing:[​IMG]
    while my son's station continued to work fine. Other slacker stations worked fine, and on the PC my custom stations worked. Only in the car they did not work. I tried selecting them from the custom stations list instead of the favorites list, I tried logging out of slacker and logging back in. I tried rebooting the console. It didn't help. This problem persisted for several days and then I discovered a fix.

I used the "x" to remove the affected stations from my favorites list, then logged out and back in. Then I chose them from my custom stations and they worked, so I added them back to favorites and they continue to work. Anyway I thought I would share this in case anybody has this same problem some day.

Adding so many artists is somewhat time consuming but well worth it. My stations rarely repeat songs and nearly always play something I like. It's much better than the canned slacker stations or one built from only a few artists.

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

"You have reached the end of the Internet".

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. UberEV1

UberEV1 Member

@hacer - another idea to try would be a Premium Account. The default account provided by Tesla is most similar to Slacker's "Radio Plus" membership. However, if you already have a Premium account, or would like the features of the premium account, you have the option to login into your Premium account via the Media Settings page. Not sure if that would solve the specific problem, but another option.

4. SSD420

SSD420 Member

How do I get to media settings on my model X?

5. SammyU

SammyU New Member

I had the same problem. A few days later, my error message changed to "captcha login error". I called Tesla Tech Support at 18777993752 (option 3) and they resolved it in about two minutes. The said it was a Slacker server issue that effected some Tesla users.

6. SSD420

SSD420 Member

I texted the SC manager and he told me to try to reset it. If not, he said to text or call him tomorrow, and he'll fix it in the morning.

7. morbot

morbot Member

I got this the other day too while listening to Slacker's comedy station.

I've also notice my songs load up a LOT slower over the past week. To the point where I can hit the buffering and the song pauses. I have the LTE upgrade and most the time i have a strong connection when this slowness happens, I've never had it like this before :(

Not sure if its a Slacker issue, or a data plan issue?

8. SSD420

SSD420 Member

I haven't had time to go into the SC yet but I was told that it's a quick fix that they can do on the spot. I just have to drop by at my convenience.

9. scole04

scole04 Member

I have that problem. You have to delete, search and add the channel again.

• Dislike x 1
  10. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Always in Ludicrous mode

Had the exact same thing happen on a road trip called and it was fixed in 2 min... They said Slackers servers went down and upon reset are asking all accounts to captcha upon login which you can't do from the Tesla... they signed into my account / website on their end and the issue was resolved. If you have your tesla slacker login credentials you can even fix this yourself just login via the website and it should prompted you to enter the captcha, otherwise just call tesla for the quick fix...

11. UberEV1

UberEV1 Member

Not sure about Model X, but on Model s it would be as follows:

Control panel - Settings - Apps - Media

That should get you to the page where you can provide the login credentials for your premium account.

• Informative x 1
  12. zambono

zambono Member

Can you see more than 2 custom stations in the Model S. I created 3 but only the first 2 show up. I am using the Slacker account that came with the car.

13. hacer

hacer Member

I have 3. You must log out and back in on the Tesla to have the latest list.

14. zambono

zambono Member

Thx I'll give it a try

15. zambono

zambono Member

thanks that worked, is there a way of reordering the tesla favorites? They are just sorted by the order in which they were added and I tried the usual drag but that doesn't work.