Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker: No more songs available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I created a couple of custom stations in slacker (on my PC using my Tesla account) each of which had about 50 artists. My son also created one with only 4 artists. They were all working great until a few days ago. Then my two stations started showing:
IMG_2520.jpg

while my son's station continued to work fine. Other slacker stations worked fine, and on the PC my custom stations worked. Only in the car they did not work. I tried selecting them from the custom stations list instead of the favorites list, I tried logging out of slacker and logging back in. I tried rebooting the console. It didn't help. This problem persisted for several days and then I discovered a fix.

I used the "x" to remove the affected stations from my favorites list, then logged out and back in. Then I chose them from my custom stations and they worked, so I added them back to favorites and they continue to work. Anyway I thought I would share this in case anybody has this same problem some day.

Adding so many artists is somewhat time consuming but well worth it. My stations rarely repeat songs and nearly always play something I like. It's much better than the canned slacker stations or one built from only a few artists.

@hacer - another idea to try would be a Premium Account. The default account provided by Tesla is most similar to Slacker's "Radio Plus" membership. However, if you already have a Premium account, or would like the features of the premium account, you have the option to login into your Premium account via the Media Settings page. Not sure if that would solve the specific problem, but another option.

@hacer - another idea to try would be a Premium Account. The default account provided by Tesla is most similar to Slacker's "Radio Plus" membership. However, if you already have a Premium account, or would like the features of the premium account, you have the option to login into your Premium account via the Media Settings page. Not sure if that would solve the specific problem, but another option.
How do I get to media settings on my model X?

I had the same problem. A few days later, my error message changed to "captcha login error". I called Tesla Tech Support at 18777993752 (option 3) and they resolved it in about two minutes. The said it was a Slacker server issue that effected some Tesla users.

I got this the other day too while listening to Slacker's comedy station.

I've also notice my songs load up a LOT slower over the past week. To the point where I can hit the buffering and the song pauses. I have the LTE upgrade and most the time i have a strong connection when this slowness happens, I've never had it like this before :(

Not sure if its a Slacker issue, or a data plan issue?

I had the same problem. A few days later, my error message changed to "captcha login error". I called Tesla Tech Support at 18777993752 (option 3) and they resolved it in about two minutes. The said it was a Slacker server issue that effected some Tesla users.

Had the exact same thing happen on a road trip called and it was fixed in 2 min... They said Slackers servers went down and upon reset are asking all accounts to captcha upon login which you can't do from the Tesla... they signed into my account / website on their end and the issue was resolved. If you have your tesla slacker login credentials you can even fix this yourself just login via the website and it should prompted you to enter the captcha, otherwise just call tesla for the quick fix...

So I created a couple of custom stations in slacker (on my PC using my Tesla account) each of which had about 50 artists. My son also created one with only 4 artists. They were all working great until a few days ago. Then my two stations started showing:
IMG_2520.jpg

while my son's station continued to work fine. Other slacker stations worked fine, and on the PC my custom stations worked. Only in the car they did not work. I tried selecting them from the custom stations list instead of the favorites list, I tried logging out of slacker and logging back in. I tried rebooting the console. It didn't help. This problem persisted for several days and then I discovered a fix.

I used the "x" to remove the affected stations from my favorites list, then logged out and back in. Then I chose them from my custom stations and they worked, so I added them back to favorites and they continue to work. Anyway I thought I would share this in case anybody has this same problem some day.

Adding so many artists is somewhat time consuming but well worth it. My stations rarely repeat songs and nearly always play something I like. It's much better than the canned slacker stations or one built from only a few artists.

Can you see more than 2 custom stations in the Model S. I created 3 but only the first 2 show up. I am using the Slacker account that came with the car.