Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker not working over LTE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems to have gotten better in the past day. Given the widespread nature of the problem reports, my feeling (and professional opinion) is that it is a problem with the Slacker (Streaming) app and AT&T LTE network. I think someone changed something in the most recent release - probably trying to optimize bandwidth. I don't think reboots will help much.
I am not seeing Loading Error now, but now seeing Song Artwork not keeping up with the current song. It sometimes shows images from previous songs or no image at all. The image on the dash screen is sometime different than what is showing on the center screen.

It's also not a local problem. Mine went down Thursday night, 24 Aug. On Sat I started a 3600 mile road trip. The problem exists from CO to Philadelphia.
A few times a thumb wheel reset did the trick, but it was not consistent. I found that if I switched to radio for about 15 minutes, then went back to Streaming, it would come up, and stay up until I shut down the car. On restart, I was back to "Loading Error"