Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker not working this morning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8107E77A-8787-41F7-8318-0DA61DFE4B22.jpeg
I have been problems with slacker sonce this morning. Asks me to login or use tesla account but fails to connect with tesla account... says invalid account (attached picture).
Apparently there was a similar issue in April 2018 but at that time, forums said it was related to domain renewal on Slacker’s end. Since renewals are at least yearly, it can’t be the same issue now again in Sep!

My Slacker also stopped working on September 9th. This is what I just got back from Tesla.

Thank you so much for reaching out to us here at Tesla Customer Support. After reviewing your vehicle information, it looks like the year subscription has expired as of 9/9/2018. We would recommend going to the Slacker website and creating an account. This way, you will be able to continue using your Slacker features.

Please visit our Support Page, which covers frequently asked questions about Tesla and your vehicle.? If you have any further questions or concerns, you can reach Customer Support 24/7 at [email protected] or by phone at 1-877-79-TESLA (83752)

Thank you

Tristan | Service Support

I purchased my X in September 2016. So its been almost 2 years. I was unaware of a 1 year free subscription. I thought it was life of the car. I think the big difference will be the number of skips and possibly all the saved stations will disappear.

My Slacker also stopped working on September 9th. This is what I just got back from Tesla.

Thank you so much for reaching out to us here at Tesla Customer Support. After reviewing your vehicle information, it looks like the year subscription has expired as of 9/9/2018. We would recommend going to the Slacker website and creating an account. This way, you will be able to continue using your Slacker features.

Please visit our Support Page, which covers frequently asked questions about Tesla and your vehicle.? If you have any further questions or concerns, you can reach Customer Support 24/7 at [email protected] or by phone at 1-877-79-TESLA (83752)

Thank you

Tristan | Service Support

I purchased my X in September 2016. So its been almost 2 years. I was unaware of a 1 year free subscription. I thought it was life of the car. I think the big difference will be the number of skips and possibly all the saved stations will disappear.

I thought it was for 4 years, maybe that was for LTE Service?

The problem in my case was somehow my account got converted to "basic" level and slacker on tesla requires a plus or higher account level. So they had to change the level. I was very unhappy with the amount of time it took to get hold of customer service (online and via phone) to fix the issue. First I called them and hung up after holding for about 20 min. Then I emailed them. But after not getting a reply for 2 days, called customer service again and finally got connected after holding for almost 30 min. After going over the issue on phone, it took them almost 15 min to find the cause (made me do reset, etc). But finally they figured the issue and resolved it. 2 days later, I get a response from the online folks... I am like wow, these guys really work fast (sarcasm intended)!!!

I hear ya. I waited on hold yesterday for close to an hour, finally spoke to a person and after trying a number of things I was told it would be fixed at 4am and Tesla would call me in the morning to confirm. It was not fixed. No follow up call. At noon I called again. Waited for 20 minutes on hold. The new rep wanted to start from scratch. I explained that I was not doing that, she put me on hold for a lengthy amount of time. Her conclusion was that my account needed to be upgraded to a plus account. And she put me in the cue to have that taken care of. 9 hours later it still doesn't work. I am glad to know that yours was fixed by the slacker account upgrade. It gives me hope that mine will someday be fixed. It has been a week and I have still not received a response on the emails. I am frustrated with Tesla customer service to say the least.

View attachment 333383 I have been problems with slacker sonce this morning. Asks me to login or use tesla account but fails to connect with tesla account... says invalid account (attached picture).
Apparently there was a similar issue in April 2018 but at that time, forums said it was related to domain renewal on Slacker’s end. Since renewals are at least yearly, it can’t be the same issue now again in Sep!
I just got this same Slacker login screen this afternoon in my Model S (<3yrd old, firmware v8.1 2018.34.1). Clicking on Use Tesla Account does nothing, except it says “unable to login. Try again later”. No change after reboot. Slacker was working fine yesterday, this is my first time ever to see this problem.

Did the problem fix itself by waiting for anyone here, or did you have to wait for Service to do something on their end?

Edit - nevermind - saw in another thread that Slacker website itself was down this afternoon. Later someone reported it came back up online. I just re-checked and Slacker in-car is alive again

Last edited: