Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker now giving me pseudo commercials

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night I updated to 2.42.40 and now every 10-12 songs on Slacker in getting in-house commercials from them..4/5 times so far it's been the same one.."music news update."

Attached an example. Anyone else?

Attachments

• IMG_3751.JPG
    IMG_3751.JPG
    476.3 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: Lightmatrix
This occurs when you have the news updates setting enabled. Email your local service center for your Tesla car-specific slacker credentials, login to slacker on the web or your smartphone, go to settings, and disable news updates. That should fix the problem. While you're there you can also enable 320kbps bitrate.

View attachment 201495
Do you need a Slacker account?

I did use my Tesla credentials and check the settings, and I have done this in the past. I also noticed the following when checking account setings:

"You are currently subscribed to Slacker Radio Plus from a gift subscription

Your subscription will expire on 12/17/2016"

I don't recall seeing this before, but maybe it's sop.

I did use my Tesla credentials and check the settings, and I have done this in the past. I also noticed the following when checking account setings:

"You are currently subscribed to Slacker Radio Plus from a gift subscription

Your subscription will expire on 12/17/2016"

I don't recall seeing this before, but maybe it's sop.

Did you by any chance get your Tesla in December 2015? The account for my Tesla expires in 3/17, which will be one year after purchase of the car.

This occurs when you have the news updates setting enabled. Email your local service center for your Tesla car-specific slacker credentials, login to slacker on the web or your smartphone, go to settings, and disable news updates. That should fix the problem. While you're there you can also enable 320kbps bitrate.

View attachment 201495
In other threads on this it was said Ingineer or wk57 found that Tesla's now using the parameters hard-coded into the access URLs, so changing settings on the account is no longer effective. I don't know if that was only for bitrate, but may apply to this issue as well.

In other threads on this it was said Ingineer or wk57 found that Tesla's now using the parameters hard-coded into the access URLs, so changing settings on the account is no longer effective. I don't know if that was only for bitrate, but may apply to this issue as well.

That may be true about the bitrate, but I've noticed that the news updates settings do apply to the Tesla player (i.e. turning them on in the phone app makes the news updates appear in the car, and turning it off makes them disappear).

• Informative
Reactions: Gizmotoy