TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Slacker < Pandora Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Mattzilla, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Mattzilla

Mattzilla Member

Hey all,

It's no contest between Pandora and Slacker in terms of which is the better service.

But in terms of audio quality, I know this topic has been discussed with ranging opinions. I do know that Tesla has been improving the sound system via OTA software updates in general (addition of the 5 band EQ finally, some other users reporting fully sound spectrum after updates, etc.).

It might be my imagination, but after recent updates I swear that the bluetooth from my phone sounds much improved and now obviously superior to Slacker streaming. I did side by side comparisons of the same songs on Pandora (free version, no less) followed by Slacker, and the Pandora songs sounded much fuller and more crisp.

I'm using a Google Pixel and I have the NVX subwoofer installed with standard Tesla speakers. Currently running 2017.32.6 ca28227.

Anyone else noticed anything similar lately?