TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Slacker < Pandora Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Mattzilla, Aug 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mattzilla

Mattzilla Member

Hey all,

It's no contest between Pandora and Slacker in terms of which is the better service.

But in terms of audio quality, I know this topic has been discussed with ranging opinions. I do know that Tesla has been improving the sound system via OTA software updates in general (addition of the 5 band EQ finally, some other users reporting fully sound spectrum after updates, etc.).

It might be my imagination, but after recent updates I swear that the bluetooth from my phone sounds much improved and now obviously superior to Slacker streaming. I did side by side comparisons of the same songs on Pandora (free version, no less) followed by Slacker, and the Pandora songs sounded much fuller and more crisp.

I'm using a Google Pixel and I have the NVX subwoofer installed with standard Tesla speakers. Currently running 2017.32.6 ca28227.

Anyone else noticed anything similar lately?