Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker picking up where it left off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we got our X (AP2) in December whenever we would get in to the car the Slacker station would start from the beginning the same song that was playing when we last drove. It's funny because I have several trips a day that are less than 3 minutes so the same song would restart each time.

Two days ago the car OS hung when I got in and I had to reset the car (two scrollwheel reset) and now the songs always start up where they left off.

So what's your experience? Has yours always remembered your stopping point? Has it always restarted the song? Has the behavior changed recently?

Same. Always restarted at the beginning of the song even if you had 1 second left when getting out and locking. I reset both screens last weekend while it was in the garage, now it picks up right where it left off.
NO FW updates though, I'm still suck on 17.14.23, same as when slacker would reset.

Reactions: feslatan
Lately my 17.17.4 X was picking up where it stopped (earlier builds restarted from scratch, not sure when it transitioned, but I thin right at firmware update boundary).
Now I got a real old S loaner (with 17.22.46) and it restarts from beginning of the song last played. No amount of resetting the cid does anything about it.

Amazing how different some of these cars are. Mine has never resumed except when I had energy saving off for a short period of time. Both displays have been "rebooted" dozens of times.
Yes, I agree it's something in some internal state.
I had same-version model S loaner and it always restarted from the start of a song.
Try bugging your service center to "fix" this?