TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Slacker picking up where it left off?

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by feslatan, Jun 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. feslatan

feslatan Member

Since we got our X (AP2) in December whenever we would get in to the car the Slacker station would start from the beginning the same song that was playing when we last drove. It's funny because I have several trips a day that are less than 3 minutes so the same song would restart each time.

Two days ago the car OS hung when I got in and I had to reset the car (two scrollwheel reset) and now the songs always start up where they left off.

So what's your experience? Has yours always remembered your stopping point? Has it always restarted the song? Has the behavior changed recently?

2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

I had the exact same behavior two days ago - music app went black, screen stopped responding. Rebooted, everything's fine, Slacker now picks up where it left off when before it always restarted at the beginning of whatever track I was previously listening to.

• Like x 1
  3. R0b_

R0b_ Member

Same. Always restarted at the beginning of the song even if you had 1 second left when getting out and locking. I reset both screens last weekend while it was in the garage, now it picks up right where it left off.
    NO FW updates though, I'm still suck on 17.14.23, same as when slacker would reset.

• Like x 1
  4. essmd

essmd Phantom X

At least it finishes the song before going to the next one, which was an issue before

5. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Active Member

I once had Xanadu (Rush, not Olivia Newton John) playing in my car for a week. One does not simply "skip" Xanadu...

• Funny x 2
  6. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

Lately my 17.17.4 X was picking up where it stopped (earlier builds restarted from scratch, not sure when it transitioned, but I thin right at firmware update boundary).
    Now I got a real old S loaner (with 17.22.46) and it restarts from beginning of the song last played. No amount of resetting the cid does anything about it.

7. boelkers

boelkers Member

I am experiencing this issue as well. On 2017.28 c528869. I've tried rebooting both screens and still songs will not pickup where they left off. Anyone else still dealing with this or have another suggestion to try?

8. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

Is energy savings on in the display settings? If so, I believe the song will start over from the beginning every time.

9. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

it's on for me and the song starts where it stopped (but this was not always the case, with some earlier firmware releases it did restart from the beginning)

10. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

Amazing how different some of these cars are. Mine has never resumed except when I had energy saving off for a short period of time. Both displays have been "rebooted" dozens of times.

11. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

Yes, I agree it's something in some internal state.
    I had same-version model S loaner and it always restarted from the start of a song.
    Try bugging your service center to "fix" this?