Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker plays Anderson Cooper 360 without request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And why does my screen always pop up the media bottom half even tho not requested. Irritating PIA that seriously disrupts safe vehicle operation. And I can't find a way to turn OFF the media system, assuming that might help.
--

Does he get paid by Slacker or something? So often when I get in my car, no matter what I've been listening to previously, my radio has switched to "Anderson Cooper 360." Why is this happening? It's a minor, first-world problem at best, but it's annoying. At least it's not Fox news.

Are you sure there's no Anderson Cooper fan having a good time in your car while you are not driving?

• Funny
Reactions: RedModel3
> If you press the left button on your steering wheel it will mute the sound system. [pdamski]

I already mute using the spkr icon on lower right. I want to disconnect it, turn it OFF. My Chevy Spark only lets me turn OFF multimedia system when battery is very low. Multimedia is constantly wasting power, no biggie, but randomly taking over half the screen is a safety issue IMHO.
--

> If you press the left button on your steering wheel it will mute the sound system. [pdamski]

I already mute using the spkr icon on lower right. I want to disconnect it, turn it OFF. My Chevy Spark only lets me turn OFF multimedia system when battery is very low. Multimedia is constantly wasting power, no biggie, but randomly taking over half the screen is a safety issue IMHO.
--
It doesn't turn off. You just mute. If you swipe down, the info screen goes away until you unmute. It's not wasting any power that you need to worry about.

> If you swipe down, the info screen goes away until you unmute. [rm3]

Then it is just my problem: it jumps back up either half or quarter screen every 10 min or so, a real nuisance. Maybe it will fix after future refresh. My vin under 2k.
--

Multimedia is constantly wasting power, no biggie, but randomly taking over half the screen is a safety issue IMHO.
No power is being “wasted” when the media window is displayed in your center screen.

Since the critical driving information is always displayed in the left hand third of the display, I don’t see how the media player window appearing is a ‘safety issue”. I do agree that the behavior you describe is annoying. My 3 does not do that.

Chevy finds the multimedia system energy use to be significant enough to offer a turn OFF pop up @ 20 miles remaining. Tesla never offers to turn OFF the m/m perhaps removing the fuse will do this.

But that likely will not stop my screen incursions. Yesterday found me downtown in a strange metro trying to thread my way onto the InterState at rush hour when the media kept getting in the way of the map. Sometimes you really NEED the map and the amazing amount of detail it provides to save the day (and it did).
--

Last edited:
Chevy finds the multimedia system energy use to be significant enough to offer a turn OFF pop up @ 20 miles remaining. Tesla never offers to turn OFF the m/m perhaps removing the fuse will do this.

But that likely will not stop my screen incursions. Yesterday found me downtown in a strange metro trying to thread my way onto the InterState at rush hour when the media kept getting in the way of the map. Sometimes you really NEED the map and the amazing amount of detail it provides to save the day.
--

First, you’re not driving a Chevy so what Chevy does or says is irrelevant. There isn’t a more energy efficient EV on the market than the Model 3. It’s super energy frugal.

Second, take your car to service, take a tech for a drive and show them what’s happening. I’ve never had the media window pop up unasked in the middle of driving - that’s 25k+ miles. So you’re either accidentally pushing something or there’s a firmware issue or hardware or something. Show it happening ro someone who can actually do something about it.

And why does my screen always pop up the media bottom half even tho not requested. Irritating PIA that seriously disrupts safe vehicle operation.
--
Nice thread hijack. Completely unrelated topic.

The answer was already posted - set the audio to streaming from your phone, and then don't play anything on your phone. Lower the audio window, and it won't pop back up again. Although on my model 3, once I lower the audio window, whatever the source, it doesn't pop back up again. I don't know why it would on your car - have you been skipping updates? Tried rebooting and all that?