Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Radio Access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took possion of my MY today! I cannot get access to Slacker Radio. I set up an account with LiveXLive but I cannot log in. Anyone know why? Thank you.
You have to activate your Premium Connectivity 30 day trial to be able to stream audio while driving. (You should be able to stream the Tesla Music (Slacker based service) while parked where you have WiFi connectivity.

I am having a similar issue. I just spent 2 hours with a "tech" through their chat.
I do not have a "Slacker" or LiveXLive" button or option on my screen. The options are (located at the bottom of the screen under the "music" "tab"): Phone / Streaming / Spotify / Caroke / TuneIn / Tidal.
I have premium connectivity.
The tech thought:
1. I should have Slacker as an option.
2. He thought there should be a "login" menu option in Slacker where you are to use your Tesla email and password you have on file to access the Slacker account that you get through Premium Connectivity.

I am able to stream music and select artists or channels via the Streaming" option. I can also steam Netflix via our personal account. I can also directly select a song by requesting it.

I do not have a Tidal or Spotify or TuneIn accounts - thus no access. But there are sign-in options when I choose them.

I sent the guy pictures to show him what I have on my screen - he was stumped.
No resolve to
StreamingMedia.jpg
day, and it has been elevated to the "Customer Experience" Team to resolve.

That is it; the Streaming music selections (Favorites, Top Stations, DJ Series and Genres) are the Slacker based Tesla Streaming Music. There is no separate option to log into Slacker (now renamed as LiveXLive.) Where did you think the Streaming Music was originating?

I did not know for sure that the "streaming" was indeed Slacker. I had thought it might be, but since the chat-box tech did not say it was, and he couldn't beleive that I did not have Slacker (LiveXLive) as an option, I was not sure about it either.
Articles on the web (TeslaTap https://teslatap.com/articles/streaming-audio/) and others talk about getting into the Slacker (LiveXLive) account and customizing it.

So I guess I and others may not be as informed as you are!
:eek:

I did not know for sure that the "streaming" was indeed Slacker. I had thought it might be, but since the chat-box tech did not say it was, and he couldn't beleive that I did not have Slacker (LiveXLive) as an option, I was not sure about it either.
Articles on the web (TeslaTap https://teslatap.com/articles/streaming-audio/) and others talk about getting into the Slacker (LiveXLive) account and customizing it.

So I guess I and others may not be as informed as you are!
:eek:
I tried using the Tesla Streaming Music for about a day. I found the Streaming music to be be too limited and extremely repetitive. I signed up to Spotify Premium (free for the first 90 days) and never looked back. Every so often I select Streaming music just to see if it is still working.

Reactions: kc1953
I tried using the Tesla Streaming Music for about a day. I found the Streaming music to be be too limited and extremely repetitive. I signed up to Spotify Premium (free for the first 90 days) and never looked back. Every so often I select Streaming music just to see if it is still working.
Since there is no XM option other than Bluetooth, I use Spotify Premium and TuneIn Premium and that pretty much cover the bases for streaming music and radio (my wife and I occassionally like music with real djs and want to be able to access sports and news, ergo the TuneIn subscription. What I save in having only 1 vs. two XM radios more than cover cost of Spotify and TuneIn. I cancelled my Apple Music subscription since it is duplicative of Spotify premium more or less. Right now I’m paying less for music streaming than before (Spotify premium and TuneIn premium and 1 XM subscription vs. 2 XMs plus Apple Music). Once my year of free premium connectivity runs out and I need to start paying for it, it will roughly be a push.

That is it; the Streaming music selections (Favorites, Top Stations, DJ Series and Genres) are the Slacker based Tesla Streaming Music. There is no separate option to log into Slacker (now renamed as LiveXLive.) Where did you think the Streaming Music was originating?
Yes, there is an option to log into Slacker, and it doesn't work...

Reactions: MikeHawk
Yes, there is an option to log into Slacker, and it doesn't work...

You need to have a Premium (not Plus) LiveXLive (edit: It's now LiveOne) account in order to login. At least that used to be the case. I don't think anyone is willing to pay for Premium in order to find out with Spotify and Tidal support.

I just took possion of my MY today! I cannot get access to Slacker Radio. I set up an account with LiveXLive but I cannot log in. Anyone know why? Thank you.
I just fixed mine. Same thing happened to me after renewing subscription. You need to restart your screen by pushing in the two buttons on your steering wheel then release when your screen goes dark. Manufacture recommends doing this first if you notice things glitching. The old on and off switch type of deal. It's refresh itself and recognize your login!

This happened to me today, just got the one year connectivity and reset but requesting songs I liked didn’t happen, I got podcasts!! Came on here. Logged into slacker using my Tesla credentials and then reset car again and now it works! I will cancel my service request. Love this forum!!