Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker radio is messing up more and more!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
I have the free Slacker radio that came with my 3. For the extra $14,000 I had to pay to get the car, I'm not paying for any radio packages.

The base radio service has been acceptable so far, with the annoyance of only being able to do one search a day, but now it is worse.

Even one search a day doesn't work anymore, it deliberately gives me a wrong song other than what I typed in every time.

And when listening to ABC News, it often repeats news stories. I'll hear the same ting twice in a row before it goes onto the next story, which may or may not repeat itself.

What's wrong here? I'm not paying or any radio package, Tesla needs to give up some of that 14 grand they overcharged me!

RWD LR doesn't come with the premium interior, right? your slacker "subscription" is a trial offer i wouldn't even count on that being around for a while.

with that said, there are a few threads on here complaining of how the search feature works. apparently it was retooled to give priority to spotify, but if you don't have the service, it kind of ruins the feature.

i don't have experience with podcasts on slacker but it doesn't seem like the right medium for that. spotify or BT streaming seems more appropriate.

also i don't understand your "one search per day" comment. i have not experienced this.

also i don't understand your "one search per day" comment. i have not experienced this.

Ever since I got the car, if I want to search for a song, it will find it... ONCE per day. After that one time, I can try to search for X song by X artist, and instead of what I want, it'll give me some other song by that artist, or even a different artist altogether.

Then I can't get a correct search result until the next day. For the past few weeks, I'm not even getting my one search. I think it started messing up around the time of the 36.2.1 update.

When they added Caroake and Spotify (Software 10 or whatever that update was) it broke the search.
The verbal search now is no longer limited to the Slacker database.

Not sure if that will be fixed in the future, is clearly a bug but adding Spotify and Caroake may just confuse the search database too much.
I don't think it is Slacker's fault ; I am not too upset about it as I would rather the additions of Spotify and Caroake than the search working.

ABC news I have the same repeating stories but think that one is all on Slacker / ABC ; and nothing to do with Tesla

Calling the included premium stereo with free streaming Slacker service "Acceptable" seems ridiculous to me. I think it is amazing ; now if I have to start paying for it (which I assume we will at some point) ; I don't know if I will still call it "amazing".