TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Slacker Radio only plays Radio ??no Songs ?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by mikeva, Jun 28, 2018.

1. mikeva

mikeva Member

so whenever k try to play a specific song it goes to a station and play different songs in other words there is no option to play a specific song it just play random songs under the song you want name even tho it's not the one you want kinda frustrating any solution to address this issue?

2. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

That's a limitation of Slacker Plus which is included with your Tesla ($4 value/month). Sometimes it does play the song you ask first, and then similar songs from other artists after, but most of the time it just plays the other songs as you described and you might not hear your requested song without skipping through a dozen other songs. If you want to be able to play specific songs and albums on demand, you have to subscribe to Slacker Premium which is $10/month.

• Helpful x 1
  3. AFGTA

AFGTA Member

How do you subscribe to Slacker Premium and attach that account to your Tesla?

4. wayner

wayner Active Member

Subscribe on their web page and then go into the app settings on the car and put in your credentials. At least that is how it works on the Model S.

5. mikeva

mikeva Member

I did that but it still does the same thing the only way to go around it is to make a playlist on the slacker radio app on the phone and then play that playlist from tesla car screen otherwise it doesnt play a specific song as it should ...kinda sad

6. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

After all, it is called Slacker RADIO

7. deonb

deonb Supporting Member

Can you play an Album from beginning to end with Slacker Premium?

E.g. if I want to listen to Beethoven's 9's symphony which is 4 tracks - can I play them in order?

8. mikeva

mikeva Member

I couldn't make it play in the car unless you make a playlist on your phone and then play the same playlist on your car

9. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

I really hope we can get Spotify integration in North America sooner than later. Slacker truly does leave a lot to be desired.

10. Astraviel

Astraviel Member

Slacker is awful. I usually just use Spotify in my car through the phone/car Bluetooth integration.

11. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

I put my Model S Slacker credentials in my 3. When I say the name of the song without the artist it plays the song about 80% of the time. When you add the artist it's useless which is odd.

12. anderslangen

anderslangen Member

press the search button, search by song name. play it. works everytime

13. freeride1

freeride1 Member

Does this work every time only when you have the Slacker Premium subscription and the credentials added to the car? Or are you saying this works just with the default setup you get from Tesla?