Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Radio playlists Gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been gone fora week but my wife updated my M3 in my absence. When I got back in my car all my Slacker Radio playlists were gone. I tried logging out logging back in, and resetting the whole display. No luck. Anyone had this isssue? The playlists are still in my slack radio app.

I've been unsuccessful getting rational answers from both Slacker and Tesla. Neither customer service departments have a clue. I also submitted a verbal Bug Report via the screen.

Anybody know of a way to escalate this issue? I have put off calling my Service Center as I know they are busy, but something is broken and I want it fixed. I just don't want to hear, "It will probably get fixed in the next update". This has been broken for 2 updates.

I'd like to think someone who works at Tesla has also lost their premium playlists and made a couple of phone calls.

It’s good to hear that this is just a bug, and that it was working previously. I just decided to try out Slacker Premium, so I’ll just have to test it in my X until this is fixed. I also submitted a bug via the car. Emailing your local service center can be another passive channel as well, I’ve gotten responses that way before.

Pretty sure this is a Slacker problem. I take delivery in 2 days, so a week ago I signed up for Slacker Premium. Spent all day Saturday making playlists, adding tracks, favourites etc from my computer and playing them on my phone. Today I get up, phone is empty, go to playlists it's like "You have no playlists, click the + to make one." Logging out of the Slacker app and back in fixed it, but searching Google for the issue would just find Tesla people complaining about something similar.

I literally just purchased slacker premium and made a playlist from my computer that took hours...logged into account on my model 3 and playlist is blank?

I purchased this since the music from spotify sounds like its cut in half via bluetooth..is this normal?

I literally just purchased slacker premium and made a playlist from my computer that took hours...logged into account on my model 3 and playlist is blank?

I purchased this since the music from spotify sounds like its cut in half via bluetooth..is this normal?

Yeah I am having a hard time getting good sound out of spotify over bluetooth. Over slacker about half volume is plenty loud but over blue tooth full volume is barely enough.

slacker-premium-not-supported.png
o_O

ughh.... they really need to figure that out quick or Tesla needs to get us Spotify in the US.

I would imagine that around 90% of slacker subscribers are Tesla drivers, they should focus on supporting that base because their competition has way better products in general. If Tesla pulls the plug on them because of customer complaints, they will be dead in the water.

Not sure I believe this guy. I JUST took delivery hours ago of my M3. First thing I did was log into my Slacker Premium account and saw all my playlists, woohoo. It then said software update available, so I did it. Since then, no playlists they are all gone.

It's something with Slacker, they are all gone from my phone again as well. If I log out of the app and back in on my phone they come back for a few hours then disappear again, but I've never been able to get them to come back up in the car.

What I'd really just love to know is if the free included version is 320kbps or if you need Premium for that? I don't even know how you'd set it to 320kbps. Someone on another forum said you set it in the phone app which translates to the car but I don't buy that. If I set it to 320kbps on my android phone, my iPad and PC are all still the default, I have to change it on every device, it doesn't sync them. So not sure why setting it to 320kbps on my phone would make the car run that high.

slacker-premium-not-supported2.png

it's a real email from Slacker support... but I'm unsure if the rep knows what he's talking about. hopefully he's wrong.

when I login to my account in my Model 3 it has the spinning loading animation for a couple minutes. Then it finally loads but no Playlists I've created on my computer can be found.

View attachment 332270

it's a real email from Slacker support... but I'm unsure if the rep knows what he's talking about. hopefully he's wrong.

when I login to my account in my Model 3 it has the spinning loading animation for a couple minutes. Then it finally loads but no Playlists I've created on my computer can be found.

I'm sure he's right I just mean why would they just remove that whole feature and then Slacker acts like it never was there. I just posted in another thread, is Frank the only person that works at Slacker? Ever email anyone posts on here from Slacker is from this same Frank guy.

BTW did you reply to him and tell him it DID work and just stopped? I hate when they give these stupid one sentence answers acting like it has always been this way, like playlists have never been supported and we just dreamed it. Man I hope they support something else soon, Slacker is by far the worst music service I've ever used and I really begrudge paying them $13.50 CAD a month for this, especially when Spotify and YT Music are $9.99.