TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Slacker Radio Premium experience

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ben.krasnow, Mar 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ben.krasnow

ben.krasnow Member

Unfortunately, yes. The custom playlists always show up at the bottom of the page, so I have to scroll down past all the junk. Not a huge deal, though.

• Informative x 1
  2. Maaz

Maaz Member

yes having to scroll to the bottom each time is pretty annoying lol.

3. Archduke

Archduke Member

Thank you for all this information! I chatted with a Slacker Radio employee on their site a few weeks ago, and he told me it wasn't possible for Tesla owners to upgrade the experience because their contract was not with each of us individually but with Tesla Inc. He said since Tesla Inc had opted for the basic service that we owners were powerless to upgrade. I'm really glad that isn't the case! I subscribed today thanks to your information and can't wait to experience when I get my car back from Tesla Service Center tomorrow.

4. scottflys

scottflys Member

Anyone interested in getting the account, just spend the $10 bucks, $9.99 to be exact and try it for the month and see if its worth the .33 cents a day, if not just cancel it.

5. FabioFognini

FabioFognini Member

Audio quality is certainly going to be subjective in the sense that high quality to one person might be "meh" quality to another. That said, if the *same* person listens to it at a lower bitrate and then at a higher bitrate, that person could certainly offer an observation as to whether or not anything changed. Aside from the subjective "is it good/is it good enough" questions, there exists debate as to whether it does anything.

Would be interested in the experience of anyone who has tried it first-hand.

• Like x 3
  6. scottflys

scottflys Member

Ok, I have the Ultra High Fidelity Sound System in my MS, just played a few songs using the Tesla account and the same songs using the Premium Slacker account with the higher bit rate and maybe, just maybe it was a smidge crisper than the Tesla version, but that only because I knew it was on the higher bit rate, so I wouldn't spend the extra $10 bucks a month and expect a richer sound experience, the standard version of Slacker seems to be pretty darn good

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  7. Maaz

Maaz Member

i have the Ultra High Fidelity Sound System in the model x and the sound quality sounds exactly the same. but i had previously logged onto my tesla slacker account through my laptop and enabled high bit rate before i bought the premium.

8. phaduman

phaduman Supporting Member

I have the premium Slacker too - and now we have each kid with their playlist (they alternate between their songs - my 12yr old sits in the front many times and is the Slacker-Jockey). I still am paying for the spotify premium that I have had for the longest time. Just waiting to to move all my playlists to slacker then kill spotify subscription. How I wish there was a tool to migrate playlists from one to another...Slacker - build a migration tool and win more customers!

9. MasterT

MasterT Member

So, I got my Tesla Slacker account password from my DS and here is the available settings on Slacker website:
    upload_2017-3-30_9-25-20.png

Does anyone know if Maximum Audio Quality applies to Tesla account? Slacker does restrict the Maximum quality to "Subscribes Only" and lists Tesla's account as Slacker Radio Plus, which should qualify:

upload_2017-3-30_9-28-5.png
    When you try to "modify user information" you get:

upload_2017-3-30_9-28-50.png

Under "User Information" you can modify your Zip Code:

upload_2017-3-30_9-30-28.png

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  10. ByranS

ByranS Member

So can you 'favorite' an album, and then have it show up on the Tesla screen? Or do you have to make a playlist of just the album songs and use that to play a full album in the car?

11. Doubletap67

Doubletap67 Member

Apparently, although if true you're all a bunch of 30 something hipsters

• Funny x 2
  12. Carterjon

Carterjon New Member

As far as I'm concerned I have no choice. I want to play songs, albums and artists reliably on demand, not "radio stations" based loosely on a track I request. The only way we can do that in a Tesla with voice commands is with Slacker Premium. Sure, it's not the best streaming service, but it's good enough.

13. pslawing

pslawing Member

I just got my password etc from Tesla, they discouraged you from logging in on computer, something about having on two devices might log you out on car. Anyway can you make playlist with the Tesla account. What else can you do besides cut stuff on and off?

Just saw the expiration date????????

14. Max*

Max* Charging

That sounds like BS. I've logged in on multiple devices and it keeps working.

Slacker keeps renewing, mine was supposed to expire too. I don't know if the'y do it indefinitely, I've heard different dates (1 year, 2 years, 4 years, etc.). So we'll see.

• Like x 1
  15. pfremm

pfremm Member

If you pay for slacker premium how is the selection compared to Spotify?

16. Maaz

Maaz Member

When you use slacker premium you're not upgrading your tesla account. Make a new one.

17. drklain

drklain Member

Correct. The Tesla account is treated as a gift account to that email address and password (which Tesla maintains) and can't be upgraded. If you want premium, create a new account and then login to the Premium account. Same goes for Tunein.

18. MasterT

MasterT Member

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  19. PluggedINLife

PluggedINLife Member

#39 PluggedINLife, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    So I just got a premium slacker account and was able to save albums. I'm able to move forward in the album to another song but not back. Is that common or is something wrong?

Update: figured it out. If you have an album set as favorite you can't go back and forth on the album or the song itself. It has to be added as a playlist for it to work. You can add just a song as playlist or an entire album. Done through the app or website.

• Informative x 1
  20. kutkuzak

kutkuzak Patrick

• Like x 1