TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Slacker Radio Stops Working

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Alexander, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander P# 8,878

Does anyone else have a problem with Slacker Radio bumping you off because "another device is using your account?" Sometimes ill be listening to a song and after it finishes it wont start playing the next one. It just stops. All my previous searches disapear and when I select Slacker Radio says the following:

"Another device is using your account. Select Slacker to login again and bump the other user."

20140417_173714.jpg

The only account I have is the one that came with the car. I'm not even sure how to access that account other then through the car. So I'm not sure what else could be connecting.

Has anyone seen this before? It's starting to happen a lot where as before it was just every once an awhile.

2. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Happened to me a couple of times immediately before my FW update to v5.9. No problems since then.

3. Alexander

Alexander P# 8,878

I updated to v5.9 a few days ago. Hasn't changed unfortunately

4. GDH

GDH Banned

YES!....and I have .94

It happens every time, I will voice command a song it will play and once it's over that message starts up. It happens every time I play slacker not just once in a while.

5. Seven7

Seven7 Member

If you have a slacker account go to the sign in page and sign in, everything should return right after you hit the log in button / tab

6. Laurent

Laurent Member

Breaking news: Slacker stops working.

7. GDH

GDH Banned

Thanks, I just registered and will try that tomorrow.

8. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Odd.... I've rarely used slacker until recently. Not one issue even at best quality. I am using my LTE hotspot though.

9. Seven7

Seven7 Member

If you don't get the log in box where you normally should, try going to the CONTROLS down in the bottom left on the screen, then select SETTINGS then APPS that should bring up a log in screen. It always does this to me after a software update.

10. GDH

GDH Banned

I have never logged in or seen a log in option.....so this helps!....thanks again.

11. markb1

markb1 Active Member

This happened to me for the first time today. Also, since upgrading to 5.9, songs consistently stop short after resuming when I get in the car. When I park the car, it pauses the song, as normal, and it resumes as normal when I get back in, but then the song doesn't finish before skipping to the next song.

12. Alexander

Alexander P# 8,878

#12 Alexander, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    For me it comes in waves. It will work fine for a week or two, then for several days it will require me to login every time I want to play a song. Then it will go back to being ok for a few weeks, then back to requiring a login.

Its weird... but then again, I've only had my car for 104 days and in that time I've put 13,300 miles on it. I've played Slacker almost non-stop over everyone of those miles, so maybe I hit some kind of cap in how much one driver can use it? Idk, but those are the facts.

13. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Are we seeing "throttling" by the service provider (ATT) ? That is my guess.... I can be connected WiFi and see no interruption at all, then when on 3G songs and data get delayed.

14. GDH

GDH Banned

I did that but when I put in my non paid account it would not play unless I paid.

15. Seven7

Seven7 Member

Darn it! I was afraid it might do that with the Tesla provided account. Call Tesla and see if they will give you the pass code either over the phone so you can put it in (I doubt they will do that but it never hurts to try) or if they will do it over the air.

16. GDH

GDH Banned

I was a few blocks away from the SC so I went there and they fixed it.

17. Seven7

Seven7 Member

Good, glad to hear it's fixed, did they tell you what they did? I'm betting they re-entered their Tesla slacker password.

18. GDH

GDH Banned

Bingo. So advice to everyone that uses slacker....unless you are paying the monthly fee do not delete Teslas info at login!