Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker radio stuttering?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the Last few days my slacker radio has been stuttering/skipping songs/popping up with loading errors...

LTE signal is fine, and a reboot hasn’t helped. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes. I have been experiencing the same for the past few days as well in the '16 MS loaner that I am in. Slacker is nearly unusable. This is mentioned in a few threads on this forum. There's no consensus as to the cause. I am now used to these regressions. It's part of owning a Tesla :(

Reactions: Cowby
I've been having this problem for months now. I can't go 3 miles without a "loading error" Slacker is all but useless. Virtually nothing works (even straight from USB thumb drive) without loading errors except the Radio and even that doesn't work very well. Very frustrating and no fix in sight. The people at Corporate were not even aware of the problem.

Ive been emailing Tesla Corporate about this since July. As you can see from the email below, they do not appear to be aware of the problem. So you may want to email them and maybe we'll see a fix come along sooner than later.

email: [email protected]

WjxLeCejI4Jgjl16AlVTNiaZc4NEx9.png

I've found it generically a problem with ATT network. Then again, I've got the old 3G connection so maybe that's the reason it sometimes goes wonky.

Seems unlikely - the data is buffered to prevent the super-short dropouts that sound like stuttering. The issue is a problem with how processes inside the central screen processor are scheduled.

Tesla had a stuttering issue a year or so ago that was triggered by screen updates on the nav system such as zooming or rotating in track-up mode.

Try ensuring the nav app isn't visible, and see if the stuttering goes away; Tesla may have reintroduced an issue they've fixed before.

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
I'm having all the same problems as you guys but it also keeps rebooting itself - it happens at least 3-5 times a drive. It's super annoying.

Mine did this yesterday as I was trying to get slacker to work reliably... center Screen when dark grey, rebooted to T logo... wonder if it is related. I’ve been using mostly regular radio since the last update as the internet streaming has been so bad...

What version are you guys on? I have 2017.42

Similar problems here lately with it cutting in and out and stuck on a station loading symbol. Embarrassing to give someone a demo drive in a Model S only to have something as simple as the radio/music not work.
Version 2017.42 a88c8d5