Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SLACKER radio thread questions/answers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This radio system is the best I have ever seen in a car and it is seriously understated when purchasing the car. Not just slacker, but the blue tooth, ability with USB port, and creating personalized stations !!!
I created a Disney station for my son. After a while it repeated the same songs and now it says "unable to play". Does this mean the songs repeated enough? This happened on another station that existed, AC/DC top 33 or something like that.

Can anyone shed light as to why this might happen? I asked a very qualified rep at a store and he didn't know either.

Also there appears to be a speaker in the trunk, but we don't have the upgraded sound, and no sound comes out of it. Is this created in all cars but only turned on when a person upgrades to the sound system?

No idea why the Slacker station stops playing, but if I had to guess, I'd also presume that you can only play the same song so many times before running into licensing issues. Did you try deleting that custom station and recreating it?

As for the "speaker in the trunk," are you talking about the enclosed area on the right side at the back? If so, that's the subwoofer. It's normally there only on cars with the premium audio system (this article has pictures of where the speakers and subwoofer are located.) The cars I've seen without premium audio have no enclosure; you can reach your hand down both the left and right sides of the sub-trunk area. Maybe that's changed recently, but I don't think so.