Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Radio Tip for New Owners!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
<snip>
On the Slacker thing, you can do it through the normal web interface. Log in as the car user (or yourself if using your own account), view the channel you made the mistake on. Somewhere near the bottom of that page there's a list of all the dislikes/blocks. You can undo them from there. AFAIK you can't undo it from in the car UI. I don't think you can do it from the phone apps either.

EXCELLENT! In the Track list on each channel it shows any song that was rated (up or down) -- click the rating to unrate. Thanks.

Tesla no longer seems to provide the user name and password for Model 3 owners. When I requested this information I received the reply:
>>Hello Neil,
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to provide the Slacker Radio credentials for Model 3 vehicles.
For any further questions or concerns please call us ....<<

I went down this road as well...Started to be concerned when I didn't receive and email back. .... About 3 weeks later I received my login information, logged into the website to setup my favs, and settings and voila!

Great tip!

Hi all, I have a solid tip for all of you new or soon to be owners. I emailed [email protected] and asked them for my Slacker Radio username and password, which they quickly replied and provided back to me within a few hours. With that info, I went to the Slacker website on my Mac and logged in, went to account settings, and changed the low quality audio setting to high! Now I have the higher quality 320kbps streaming audio in my car!

Enjoy! ;)
Hi all, I have a solid tip for all of you new or soon to be owners. I emailed [email protected] and asked them for my Slacker Radio username and password, which they quickly replied and provided back to me within a few hours. With that info, I went to the Slacker website on my Mac and logged in, went to account settings, and changed the low quality audio setting to high! Now I have the higher quality 320kbps streaming audio in my car!

Enjoy! ;)

Enjoy! ;)
Thanks for the info! Am curious about 2 things. A few months ago there were postings about one of the new releases seemingly having caused the higher fidelity option to have been toggled. Did that somehow adjust back in another update? Or was the original supposition erroneous? Second, also curious to know if the use of the earlier 3G antenna makes a difference with the higher bit rate? Thinking not based on rated 3G capacity, but wondering nonetheless. I have the 3G antenna, haven't really seen a reason to upgrade, yet.

Thanks for the tip! I just sent my email tonight, took delivery of our 2nd Model S last week. Sorry to see my MS85 go, looking forward to the longer range on the MS100.

Reactions: avesraggiana
This may be old news (I haven't read the entire thread) but I ran into a problem that I now have solved so I thought I'd share. I got my Slacker credentials from Tesla, went online (via my pc) to Slacker, logged in successfully only to find no options were available for changing on a Tesla account. I was bummed. Several emails with Slacker support later I found that although you can't change things on the web site, you can on the phone app. So today I loaded up the phone app, and sure enough I could modify the settings! Just in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

Cheers!

I tried this but it seems policies have changed. This is a note I got from support today:

We changed the policy on giving out Slacker credentials in January of 2019. This was due to owners abusing the accounts and using them across multiple devices. Tesla accounts were never intended to be used anywhere but in the vehicles. Customers who would like to use their own account are welcome to do so. I hope this helps clarify Tesla’s policy regarding slacker.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
funny they changed the policy in January 2019 here is the reply I received in October 2018:

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 6:45 PM Customer Support Tesla <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello Ed.
Thank you for contacting Tesla Customer Support. Currently we are not providing Model 3 owners Slacker Radio credentials, we apologize for any inconvenience. You are able to go online to Slacker.com and create your own account to use on their mobile app or within the vehicle as well.

Please visit our Support Page, which covers frequently asked questions about Tesla and your vehicle. If you have any further questions or concerns, you can reach Customer Support 24/7 at [email protected] or by phone at 1-877-79-TESLA (83752).

Daniel Stone | Service Support
12832 Frontrunner Blvd., Draper, UT 84020
p. (877) 798-3752 | [email protected]

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
It's interesting Tesla calls it "abuse" when they never said we couldn't log in on other devices. Why else would we be asking for the credentials? I guess I'm one of the abusers as I use it on my laptop and iPhone. My girlfriend hates it though and will just exit out and go to youtube to play music. In the car she'll just use Spotify on her phone via bluetooth. So no one is missing much if you can't get the credentials. They seem to play the same 20 songs over and over on the genre stations.

Two ways
1) take the car to service center and they’ll login for you. But you can’t make any changes etc.
2)buy a year for $30 and do whatever you want with it. I chose option 2.

Smart move. Some people will grumble about having to pay anything at all for something they "should get for free." But $30 for a whole year is a nominal amount, especially when you compare it to what SiriusXM charges.

Interesting news... https://electrek.co/2019/08/15/elon-musk-finally-confirms-tesla-cars-are-getting-spotify-but-when/

After hinting about it last month, Elon Musk finally confirmed that Tesla vehicles, in North America, are getting Spotify integration, but it’s still unclear when? In Europe, Tesla owners have been enjoying a Spotify app directly integrated into Tesla’s system for years now.

However, in North America, Tesla has a deal with Slacker to provide music streaming services to the fleet. Slacker has been the subject of criticisms by some Tesla owners and it’s unclear why Tesla hasn’t integrated Spotify for its entire fleet, but it has been rumored to be a contractual issue. Earlier this year, Musk hinted that it could finally be coming, but now he has finally confirmed it on Twitter last night:

upload_2019-8-15_9-14-34.png

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks