Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Radio Tip for New Owners!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I have a solid tip for all of you new or soon to be owners. I emailed [email protected] and asked them for my Slacker Radio username and password, which they quickly replied and provided back to me within a few hours. With that info, I went to the Slacker website on my Mac and logged in, went to account settings, and changed the low quality audio setting to high! Now I have the higher quality 320kbps streaming audio in my car!

Enjoy! ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-04 at 10.09.03 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-12-04 at 10.09.03 AM.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 955
Do you automatically get an account with Slacker as part of the purchase so you can log into that account and upgrade the streaming? Or, do you have to create an online account and pay an additional subscription fee?

What I did to ensure that the higher audio kicked in was I made the changes on the website then went to the car and logged out of Slacker, then logged back in. This step may not be needed but I went ahead and performed this sequence just to make sure.

Are we sure that the quality settings actually change in the car? I toggled the setting on the website, but found that it had defaulted back to normal in the iOS app (for which I used the same login).

Thanks for the info! Am curious about 2 things. A few months ago there were postings about one of the new releases seemingly having caused the higher fidelity option to have been toggled. Did that somehow adjust back in another update? Or was the original supposition erroneous? Second, also curious to know if the use of the earlier 3G antenna makes a difference with the higher bit rate? Thinking not based on rated 3G capacity, but wondering nonetheless. I have the 3G antenna, haven't really seen a reason to upgrade, yet.

Hi all, I have a solid tip for all of you new or soon to be owners. I emailed [email protected] and asked them for my Slacker Radio username and password, which they quickly replied and provided back to me within a few hours. With that info, I went to the Slacker website on my Mac and logged in, went to account settings, and changed the low quality audio setting to high! Now I have the higher quality 320kbps streaming audio in my car!

Enjoy! ;)
Thanks! With the upgrade to 8.0 (IIRC) the login details mysteriously disappeared. I would have expected Tesla service to be more proactive about sending this information to owners.