Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Radio Went Out & Service Couldn't Reboot It

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i took a drive down to St. Louis from Chicago to visit family over the 4th of July holiday. About half way down Slacker went down and a screen came up asking to put in a Tesla user name and password. I thought it meant my user name and password from when I bought my Tesla model S. I tried it and it didn't do anything. I called the service center in Chicago I normally go to and they said I need to go to a Tesla service location because it is Tesla's account info that needed to be loaded in.

I called service here at that local St. Louis Tesla location. They were awesome and offered to see what they could do. They took time to fit me in even though they were very busy. I drove down and they put the Tesla user name and password, no go. They tried several things (rebooted the whole system) but couldn't get Slacker back up and running. They said they have only seen this a couple times. Somehow it can happen based on a cars VIN number.

So, they said the car will have to go into service to be looked at and have service troubleshoot the problem. Anyone else had this problem? If so, what did they do to fix the problem?

Thanks to the service people in St. Louis for trying to help on such short notice.

You have to call Tesla technical support
1 (877) 798- 3752

Call that number and ask them to sign you back into slacker. The username and password for slacker is not your tesla username and password
The fact that a Tesla service center did not know this is appalling.

You have to call Tesla technical support
1 (877) 798- 3752

Call that number and ask them to sign you back into slacker. The username and password for slacker is not your tesla username and password
The fact that a Tesla service center did not know this is appalling.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear nought in my post. The service people knew it wasn't my Tesla site logon and password. They plugged in the Tesla Service account number and password and it still didn't work. The service person said that they have only seen this a couple times and when it happens they need to dig in and debug the system.

I was just wondering if anyone else had ever experienced this problem and how it was resolved?

Thanks