Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker slacking off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been 3 days and no slacker. The screen on my 10 month old Model X says 'invalid account' when you press the use Tesla account button. For many problems I have learned reboot and power off first. Day one: Support said it was a problem on their end, would escalate the issue and would call us if not fixed in 24 hours. Day two: no slacker and no call. Told to wait and they would escalate it but 48 hours from 1st call it should be fixed. Day three: no slacker but now it is a known problem and at least 50 calls today. Told don't call back--when it's fixed I'll get a software update!!! Asked if I will get days added on for the days slacker is broken and told that's up to marketing!
Anyone else with this problem?

Yes. That's interesting... this Slacker issue started happening to me to in my '17 X. I see some correlation w/ the car switching from WiFi to Cell coverage. Once I'm on Cell coverage, it will actually stream... but same issue with the UI.
I also have Spotify, and in fairness... it seems to also have login issues.

I think it has something to do with the way the car goes to sleep and resumes from sleep.

-TechVP

Yes I've been having the issue for about a week exactly has described. I called Tesla and they said they have been getting lots of similar reports and it's because the Slacker accounts were downgraded to Basic.

So I logged into the Slacker account from a web browser with the Tesla credentials (I got the credentials long ago by asking customer support for them) and the account still shows as a Premium account... however.. when I got to payment settings it shows the account was supposed to renew on 4/10/20 (suspiciously right when it stopped working in my car) and there are no payment details there.

My hunch is the account went to renew and wasn't able to process a payment (or didn't know it was supposed to be Premium for life) so it disabled some of the premium features such as streaming from the car.

Actually.. I looked closer and the Slacker account is listed as "Plus". That's one tier below Premium. Plus doesn't allow streaming from the car. So the issue is indeed the accounts were downgraded. See attached screenshot.

lPsAOJM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 2.09.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 2.09.34 PM.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 68