Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker songs restart upon entry into Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
First time post!

I've had my model S since March 2018. Since delivery of the car, I've dealt with the nuisance of slacker audio songs restarting whenever I leave and return to the car. Even if the song is 99% complete when I leave the car, it will restart when I return to the car.

For a while i thought this was the design until I confirmed it wasn't intended. I saw other posts recommending various resets of the car which I have tried to no success. I also called Tesla support and they referred me to software engineers that we're supposed to have fixed it by now, but no luck.

Anybody else struggling with this or even better, solved it?

Thank you!

Sometimes I’m tempted to pull over, open my door, raise my butt off the seat, and then close the door to restart a really good song. Could be a safety hazard.
It's funny because our first Teslas were base sound so the songs restarted whenever we got out which I preferred. Our news P85D has UHFS & it resumes so I thought it was the one that was broken. A little research revealed that neither is broken & is as intended. I actually prefer the starting over to the resume behavior but neither is a big deal to me.

It's funny because our first Teslas were base sound so the songs restarted whenever we got out which I preferred. Our news P85D has UHFS & it resumes so I thought it was the one that was broken. A little research revealed that neither is broken & is as intended. I actually prefer the starting over to the resume behavior but neither is a big deal to me.

Wow, that's so interesting that this would be performing as intended and yet different from the premium audio. Especially after all the time I spent on the Tesla support call a couple of weeks ago and the woman agreeing it was odd. Oh well, I guess I can live with it. It took me over a year to call Support about it, so clearly not a pressing issue for me.

Thank you very much for the quick response!

Wow, that's so interesting that this would be performing as intended and yet different from the premium audio. Especially after all the time I spent on the Tesla support call a couple of weeks ago and the woman agreeing it was odd. Oh well, I guess I can live with it. It took me over a year to call Support about it, so clearly not a pressing issue for me.

Thank you very much for the quick response!
Well, my info was gleaned from a bunch of strangers on an internet forum on the world wide web so I'm not saying it's gospel. What I do know is that in the past I've had relatively poor luck getting consistent answers from representatives of a company so I tend to favor collective info from the strangers whenever there's a discrepancy. In this case the behavior that was stated online matches what we've experienced in our cars so I think it's accurate. Why they would want something like that to behave differently given the option is beyond me. I think either is fine so long as there's consistency. Having two different behaviors for a setting such as this just smacks of continued disorganization.