Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker streaming jumping issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This (these) threads bum me out. Tesla has so many fronts to work on/code, I know - but here's something that at least appears to be a core livability issue that they can't get right. Perhaps it's de-prioritized based on other existing, unknown (to me) issues. But these basic issues should be nailed. Worry about the edge of performance later and get cabin functions right.

Then again, maybe that's why I am on my couch on a Friday night and not working in Fremont.

Reactions: Scott-P
This is the kind of crap that a lot of model 3 owners aren't going to be patient with. This has been an ongoing issue for weeks now. I've even had the MCU reboot after getting a "loading error" while Trying to listen to Slacker. There is absolutely no way the freaking internet radio feature should be able to crash that computer and trigger a reboot. That's piss poor error handling in the code.

I am not having any issues at all with slacker and use it every day. To eliminate LTE service issues, does slacker work when you are connected to wifi at your homes? I had an issue with load errors a while back. It ended up being LTE issues and not my X.

I’m on .44 and have had major issues with both slacker and tunein. Never had any problems with buffering or getting loading errors until .42

This is very frustrating!

The missing stations on Tunein is the most annoying thing for me - all the (Canada) Bell Media stations disappeared from the Tesla app a few months ago. They are still available and working in the car over WiFi or streaming from other devices, but not using Tesla LTE/3G.

This clearly points to something going on Tesla's server/LTE/VPN end, possible and hopefully related to the Slacker stuttering. As Slacker/Tunein and everything else works fine over WiFi, I do not think it is a firmware/software issue.

On the bright side, it is getting better ... a month or two ago Tunein quit working, Slacker started skipping, XM had no station list and the USB scanning was all messed up, leaving AM/FM and Bluetooth streaming as the only working options.

It does seem ridiculous that I just bought a phone mount so I can more easily bypass the built-in entertainment (and the built in 17 inch screen with "voice control"). Here's hoping nothing happens to Bluetooth or WiFi ...

Last edited: