Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker thumbs-up keep coming back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a response someone else got when the contacted Slacker regarding this same issue:
"There is not a way to manage your station's ratings. We also wouldn't expect any ratings to be able to be undone from the Tesla interface, as that feature isn't something Tesla supports at this time.
The only way to resolve your issue with that car would be to create a personal Slacker account and purchase a paid subscription."

They're basically saying pay us to use that feature.

Here's a response someone else got when the contacted Slacker regarding this same issue:
"There is not a way to manage your station's ratings. We also wouldn't expect any ratings to be able to be undone from the Tesla interface, as that feature isn't something Tesla supports at this time.
The only way to resolve your issue with that car would be to create a personal Slacker account and purchase a paid subscription."

It definitely works with a paid account. You can log in the app or website and manage the thumbs up and down.

Tesla used to give out the login details for the car's account. Which is the mid tier slacker plan not the free one with ads. They stopped handing out that info at some point for some reason. But if you could get your hands on that you might be in business.

If only that were really true though! If that was the case, we would have never been able to successfully thumbs-up a song in the first place. Maybe that's what actually happened. This used to work fine, we were able to thumbs up some songs...and then they removed that ability behind the scenes, and now we're stuck with whatever was recorded back when this worked. Fun!

If only that were really true though! If that was the case, we would have never been able to successfully thumbs-up a song in the first place. Maybe that's what actually happened. This used to work fine, we were able to thumbs up some songs...and then they removed that ability behind the scenes, and now we're stuck with whatever was recorded back when this worked. Fun!

I think what they're saying is that you can't get a list of all your thumbs up and downs from the Tesla GUI, which you can from the app and website with a paid account, and which allows you to remove previous thumbs up and down. And they're also saying you can't remove a thumbs up or down from the Tesla GUI since it doesn't support it. I don't think they're claiming you can't give ratings (thumbs up or down) from the Tesla GUI. So it's the weird situation of you can thumbs up a song, but you can't un-thumbs up a song. (I have a paid account but I'm pretty sure I still have to log in to the app/website to remove a thumbs up).

FWIW - i had "paid" Slacker for a number of years. always had an Android device. Google Play Music was never up to par. Hated iTunes and making my own playlists just took too long. I ended up with Slacker by mistake (mowing the grass, button got butt dialed) like back in 2004 and kept it until I switched from Verizon in 2017.

Free Slacker (app) only lets you skip six songs (seems to be the standard) and includes ads.
Paid Slacker allows you to skip unlimited songs and is ad-free.
Premium Slacker is closer to that of Spotify. You can create entire stations revolving around a single artist or song, search out the specific song, play it, etc.

In the Tesla - our app is closer to that of "Paid Slacker" in that we don't get any ads and that we have unlimited skips. For me, while it's not the best solution, it's >>A<< solution and it's not terrible. Both TuneIn and Spotify require a premium account to use. I'm just happy to have the option.