Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker/Tunein not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since yesterday, songs on Slacker or TuneIn aren't playing anymore. Everything else works - Browser, FM radio, etc.

The thing that is weird is that the songs load, the cover art too, but the songs never starts playing. I tired rebooting several times, even pulled out the fuse...

My local service center has no idea other than what I already did.

Thanks,
patp

I had same issue with Slacker not working today BUT instead was getting error. I called Tesla and they cleared cache and worked fine. 877-798-3752 and listen to prompts. Maybe press #3?
Have you tried to go to Apps, Media and select Restore?

I started having the same issue yesterday - nothing in the Media App was working - not even AM/FM :/

Rebooting the main screen (multiple times) made no difference.
However rebooting the dashboard and then the main screen seems to have resolved the issue and now everything is working again.

I had same issue with Slacker not working today BUT instead was getting error. I called Tesla and they cleared cache and worked fine. 877-798-3752 and listen to prompts. Maybe press #3?
Have you tried to go to Apps, Media and select Restore?

Thank you! Pretty sure that's my problem too. Will call Tesla later today. As an ex-software engineer, I have a feeling for these type of issues and it totally make sense.

As for the Restore, I tried it without success.

patp

interesting. let us know if that has been causing the whole problem. Hope that swap out is done quick!

So I got my car back this afternoon. It took them about a day to do the swap as soon as they got the part. So far so good except the lost of 3G while heading home. I have the latest .46 firmware.

Here's the work statement:

Replaced Media Control Unit (Touchscreen)
MCU NA PREMIUM - Pre audio GPS new 1 maps (1004777-00-L)
Corrections: Firmware Update -
Repair Firmware Update - Repair 2.5.46