Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker/Tunein not working

patp

Aug 2, 2010
Canada
Since yesterday, songs on Slacker or TuneIn aren't playing anymore. Everything else works - Browser, FM radio, etc.

The thing that is weird is that the songs load, the cover art too, but the songs never starts playing. I tired rebooting several times, even pulled out the fuse...

My local service center has no idea other than what I already did.

Thanks,
patp

Tesla S1

Jun 19, 2012
Jupiter
I had same issue with Slacker not working today BUT instead was getting error. I called Tesla and they cleared cache and worked fine. 877-798-3752 and listen to prompts. Maybe press #3?
Have you tried to go to Apps, Media and select Restore?

freelancer258

Mar 31, 2015
Washington
I started having the same issue yesterday - nothing in the Media App was working - not even AM/FM :/

Rebooting the main screen (multiple times) made no difference.
However rebooting the dashboard and then the main screen seems to have resolved the issue and now everything is working again.

patp

Aug 2, 2010
Canada
I had same issue with Slacker not working today BUT instead was getting error. I called Tesla and they cleared cache and worked fine. 877-798-3752 and listen to prompts. Maybe press #3?
Have you tried to go to Apps, Media and select Restore?

Thank you! Pretty sure that's my problem too. Will call Tesla later today. As an ex-software engineer, I have a feeling for these type of issues and it totally make sense.

As for the Restore, I tried it without success.

patp

patp

Aug 2, 2010
Canada
Quick update... My screen is now fully black. Nothing brings it back. Tesla service is completely replacing the unit.

patp

Aug 2, 2010
Canada
interesting. let us know if that has been causing the whole problem. Hope that swap out is done quick!

So I got my car back this afternoon. It took them about a day to do the swap as soon as they got the part. So far so good except the lost of 3G while heading home. I have the latest .46 firmware.

Here's the work statement:

Replaced Media Control Unit (Touchscreen)
MCU NA PREMIUM - Pre audio GPS new 1 maps (1004777-00-L)
Corrections: Firmware Update -
Repair Firmware Update - Repair 2.5.46

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC