Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slate Review: Practically Perfect Road Trip Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great article overall...

BTW... I haven't read a review that doesn't get some fact wrong... the most obvious in this one is the reference to the 16" touchscreen?? Would be nearly fact-perfect otherwise.

I emailed the author last night complementing him an an excellent article and pointed out the small typo you guys found. He emailed back this morning saying they would fix it.
I love the fact that they fixed it and also that they documented what they fixed. There are good journalists out there online.

My only criticism is it's a very short road trip with a long stops. Hell, I drove from Portland,OR -> Eugene and back in a day to pick up my son from college (stopping for about 2 hours to visit with my parents in Eugene), about 250 miles, and I certainly wouldn't call that a roadtrip.

My only criticism is it's a very short road trip with a long stops. Hell, I drove from Portland,OR -> Eugene and back in a day to pick up my son from college (stopping for about 2 hours to visit with my parents in Eugene), about 250 miles, and I certainly wouldn't call that a roadtrip.

Yeah but I bet the typical "road trip" is more like that than the multiday trips. I'd like to see research on this - bet there's a steep drop off at about 250 miles.

I emailed the author last night complementing him an an excellent article and pointed out the small typo you guys found. He emailed back this morning saying they would fix it.
I love the fact that they fixed it and also that they documented what they fixed. There are good journalists out there online.

You might want to email him again and point out that the last sentence in his first paragraph is erroneous - Broder's test car did not run out of "batteries" on the freeway.

You can blame that observation on one of your forum's obnoxious members (i.e. me), so he doesn't think that you are too persnickety.