TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Slate Review: Practically Perfect Road Trip Car

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Grendal, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

2. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

Great article overall...

BTW... I haven't read a review that doesn't get some fact wrong... the most obvious in this one is the reference to the 16" touchscreen?? Would be nearly fact-perfect otherwise.

3. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

In that case it could have been a typo...

4. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

Looks like the typo was fixed.

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Props to them for fixing it, and for adding a note at the bottom of the article reflecting that.

6. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I emailed the author last night complementing him an an excellent article and pointed out the small typo you guys found. He emailed back this morning saying they would fix it.
    I love the fact that they fixed it and also that they documented what they fixed. There are good journalists out there online.

7. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

My only criticism is it's a very short road trip with a long stops. Hell, I drove from Portland,OR -> Eugene and back in a day to pick up my son from college (stopping for about 2 hours to visit with my parents in Eugene), about 250 miles, and I certainly wouldn't call that a roadtrip.

8. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

Finally, a real journalist (knowledgeable on his subject, with integrity enough to accept correction on errors, etc) that just GETS IT.

9. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

Yeah but I bet the typical "road trip" is more like that than the multiday trips. I'd like to see research on this - bet there's a steep drop off at about 250 miles.

10. Holden

Holden Member

You might want to email him again and point out that the last sentence in his first paragraph is erroneous - Broder's test car did not run out of "batteries" on the freeway.

You can blame that observation on one of your forum's obnoxious members (i.e. me), so he doesn't think that you are too persnickety.