Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sleep and Unlock API Question.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what command(s) the official app sends to unlock the car doors? In the app, even if my Model 3 is asleep, as soon as I hit the unlock button the car will unlock. Most of the other commands are grayed out until the car wakes up.

If I use the API documented on the Tim Dorr page to send the unlock command via a python script, the car will not unlock immediately if it is asleep. That command will actually cause the car to wake up but I have to wait another 8-20 seconds before the unlock API command will actually unlock the car. Is there a specific command sequence I need to initiate to eliminate the delay?

Sharing my experience - Yes, I have seen that. The only way I have worked around this, is to check if the car is asleep then kick off a async call after a few seconds latency. And I make the same API call again - the first one just wakes up the car and it doesnt seem to 'remember' the first call.