Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sleep Pattern Feb 2022 MSLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just started using the Tessie app. I noticed a sleep/wake pattern. The pics show it waking for 15 minutes at (about) 12PM, 5:30PM, 12AM, 5:30AM. I'm not concerned about it, just noting it. The y axis is "charger voltage", the x axis is a 24 hour time slot. The very first wide spike at the left is me driving. After that the S was asleep in the garage. The battery lost up to 1% in that 24hrs.
Screenshot_20220809-072109.jpg
Screenshot_20220809-072123.jpg
Screenshot_20220809-072134.jpg
Screenshot_20220809-072212.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220809-072236.jpg
    Screenshot_20220809-072236.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
There is a slight possibility that the app is actually waking the car up, but I don't know the specifics of Tessie.

Normally the car monitors the 12V battery and will wake up regularly to top it up. It's possible that your 12V is dying and needs more frequent top ups. During part of the Covid period where I was working from home I often left my car unused for multiple days in the garage. I had noticed (in TeslaFi) that my car (model 3, so things could be different) would wake up at the same time every day, once a day. I presumed it was topping up the 12V.

There are other reasons for the car to wake up, including but not limited to :
- Launching the mobile app to look at it
- Having cabin overheat protection on and cabin temperature rises over trigger point (40C?)
- touching a door handle, whether the car unlocks or not.
None of these would normally produce regular patterns so I don't think that's it.

EDIT: Oh, charger voltage... so you're leaving your car plugged in. Just for fun, try leaving it unplugged and see if it wakes up... If you have a way to tell other than the charger voltage.

There is a slight possibility that the app is actually waking the car up, but I don't know the specifics of Tessie.

Normally the car monitors the 12V battery and will wake up regularly to top it up. It's possible that your 12V is dying and needs more frequent top ups. During part of the Covid period where I was working from home I often left my car unused for multiple days in the garage. I had noticed (in TeslaFi) that my car (model 3, so things could be different) would wake up at the same time every day, once a day. I presumed it was topping up the 12V.

There are other reasons for the car to wake up, including but not limited to :
- Launching the mobile app to look at it
- Having cabin overheat protection on and cabin temperature rises over trigger point (40C?)
- touching a door handle, whether the car unlocks or not.
None of these would normally produce regular patterns so I don't think that's it.

EDIT: Oh, charger voltage... so you're leaving your car plugged in. Just for fun, try leaving it unplugged and see if it wakes up... If you have a way to tell other than the charger voltage.
The Tesla app definately wakes the car up. However, there's a Tessie setting that can turn off wake up when the app starts...nice touch. Temp never went above 80F inside so cabin overheat protection was never triggered. I kept away and the phone key was never close enough to wake it. The S was not plugged into wall connector in the garage. Note: the wall connector is not a charger. It supplies voltage to the charger in the car. I think that charge reference is for the charger in the S. I also suspect those wake times might be attending to the 12V battery except for one thing. The graph only shows 2V. Curiouser and curiouser!

Last edited:
Ive been using Tessie for a couple of weeks now. I have only used this one and the official Tesla app. One thing I really like is being able to monitor my S without waking it up. I will be parking it for a month without plugging it in. Tessie will show me its sleep cycle and battery level while I'm away.
Follow this link to get a free month. Edit: referral code removed, not allowed on TMC

Last edited: