Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sleep vs. Deep Sleep ON/OFF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there an app or any way that would allow me to put my car on Deep Sleep or Sleep by clicking on something. If parked in a garage for a month why can't I put it on sleep by clicking something. Or if parked in a garage and not driven but people walk around it - would that wake it up. Bottom line I'm searching for a way to put the car on Sleep or deep sleep when I feel like it. Does anyone know of an app or tool to do so. Thanks. Adam

You can't. There are features that prevent the car from sleeping, like Sentry mode or Smart Summon. Otherwise, the car will sleep when it wants. Typically ~30 minutes after you leave it be. IT will wake up for various reasons, one of which is to charge the 12V battery. You do not control that.

From the TezLab FAQ -

Deep Sleep Assist is our default sleep mode setting and is recommended for all users. When enabled, Deep Sleep Assist will activate after your car has been idle for a period of time. Upon activating, data polling of your vehicle is intelligently backed off in increasing increments until the vehicle falls asleep. Once asleep, non-waking polling resumes at a regular interval to ensure that trips are captured as soon as possible once you start driving again. Deep Sleep Assist will activate at any time of day.

Exactly, thanks. That feature is for the TezLab software. Once the car is idle for a while, Tezlab will stop calling the APIs that keep it awake (data polling is backed off), so as to let it fall asleep by itself. Once asleep, Tezlab only calls the API that tells it if the car is awake or asleep (and that doesn't wake the car). TeslaFi works exactly the same way, it just describes it differently.

You are misunderstanding the feature and assuming it can magically force the car to sleep. That is not it.

Reactions: richmich15