Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sleepers in California!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if these LR AWD orders you all had which were converted to Stealths will drop to the next person in line, or do they go into "Inventory" for the Delivery Center where your original order was targeted for? I wonder how this will affect the December push that those of us still waiting are worrying about/hoping to get a benefit from.

Does anyone know if these LR AWD orders you all had which were converted to Stealths will drop to the next person in line, or do they go into "Inventory" for the Delivery Center where your original order was targeted for? I wonder how this will affect the December push that those of us still waiting are worrying about/hoping to get a benefit from.
More than likely some people didnt even get a VIN assigned so it just goes to the next AWD person.

Reactions: ZappCatt
I just emailed my SA, but I'm still not sure if I want to make the change. I currently have on order a LR AWD white/white 18 inch aeros. I prefer the look of the white interior, and I'm not sure how much I will use the extra acceleration living in the traffic-filled Bay Area. on the other hand, a car that can get to 60 in less than 3 seconds possibly. Wow. If my total price right now is $48,990, will the price increase be $2000?

I just emailed my SA, but I'm still not sure if I want to make the change. I currently have on order a LR AWD white/white 18 inch aeros. I prefer the look of the white interior, and I'm not sure how much I will use the extra acceleration living in the traffic-filled Bay Area. on the other hand, a car that can get to 60 in less than 3 seconds possibly. Wow. If my total price right now is $48,990, will the price increase be $2000?
I would test drive a performance and to reach their own

Depending on when you ordered, it could increase $2,500. I ordered before the LR-AWD price hike. With the Stealth, that extra $500 is there.

Ehh I dont care too much about that. Just want to see people get their car . I think i got 1 out of all of them today which is a nice gesture
Of course, but they do not have to pay extra for your to get the benefit, win/win. And you get another entry into the drawing for the Roadster.

I definitely wish I could swing it, the extra umph to hop when I want/need to would be awesome.

I would test drive a performance and to reach their own

I only rented an SR+ and LR RWD so that my LR AWD would be a surprise. I tend to hate going backwards so I know if I test drive the performance, I won't want to go back. But still concerned I might in the future question the decision based on how much I use the extra speed. Anyone else live in traffic filled areas that can advise on whether they are able to use the extra speed much? Or is it more for road trips?

Last edited:
I only rented an SR+ and LR RWD so that my LR AWD would be a surprise. I tend to hate going backwards so I know if I test drive the performance, I won't want to go back. But still concerned I might in the future question the decision based on how much I use the extra speed. Anyone else live in traffic filled areas that can advise on whether they are able to use the extra speed much? Or is it more for road trips?

Traffic is particularly nasty here in SoCal too... I used the 'extra speed' plenty often whenever I wanted to go around traffic, or had a short or narrow onramp... Having the extra power there is always helpful, sometimes when you're in danger accelerating to go around is the better option.

If anything on a road trip having the extra speed is a slight hindrance, because you're range limited, and you can only go so fast when you're already on open highway; and on a long trip you want to try and maximize your range especially if your route is light on superchargers. (Stretch of I-10 from Indio to Quartzsite, AZ, comes to mind)

Same here. Did you make payment yet?

Where are you on the "next steps" in your profile? I heard again today (from CM showroom) that completed profiles are getting delivery priority. I got a VIN by the time I got home.

Think my profile is complete, says "Next Steps We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment. " Don't think there is anything left after that?

Initially ordered at very end of Sept but didn't complete my profile on site until about a week ago though...