Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sleeping at a supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

There's a chance I may need to travel long distance to handle a family emergency in the near future. Rather than fly, I'm thinking about driving my Model S. Is it a bad idea to avoid hotels and sleep in the back of the car? Can I just park at/near a supercharger and sleep there? Or would it be a better idea to drive the car somewhere else (safer location?) before sleeping?

Thanks for any and all input.

Ben

Hi everyone,

There's a chance I may need to travel long distance to handle a family emergency in the near future. Rather than fly, I'm thinking about driving my Model S. Is it a bad idea to avoid hotels and sleep in the back of the car? Can I just park at/near a supercharger and sleep there? Or would it be a better idea to drive the car somewhere else (safer location?) before sleeping?

Thanks for any and all input.

Ben

Sounds like a bit of a trip. The Superchargers are probably the safest place as they are generally in use at all hours. Always carry protection on a long road trip.

Cheers!

Reactions: Ostrichsak
If quick traveling, I will catch a power nap while charging. Set an alarm to wake me up when charging is expected to complete. For longer sleeps, folding down the rear seat makes for a pretty comfy bed. Just add some padding or air mattress. Fold flat 2nd row seats make for pleasant dreams. Camping mode will keep your interior comfy.