TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Sleeping beauty won't wake up

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Veritas1980, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Veritas1980

Veritas1980 Electric Viking

So my Model S is parked in my parking garage without possibility to attach power of any kind, and when I do long travels I usually set it into "Power save" and turn off "Always connected".

At the moment there is a lot of talk in some of the Scandinavian forums regarding theft of Teslas, one just got stolen this week in Sweden, I think there has also been an article in Electrek about the problem as well. So I of course like to check up on my car when travelling, today a little more that usually.

However, I never have been able to wake up the car with "always connected" off, except for one time. The app tries and tries but never succeed in waking up the car. I don't have any connection issues at all normally when the car is awake, it's just not able to wake it up.

Am I wrong about the cars abillity to wake up, even when in "Always conneted" off mode? To my understanding, it should be able to wake up, but would take longer time to do it.

2. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

As far as I understand, if car is "not connected" it can't connect.

3. BrokerDon

BrokerDon Member

Sleeping Beauty can only awakened up by a Prince LOL

4. f-stop

f-stop Member

Not true. with Always Connected = OFF, the car can still be contacted, it's just that the cellular connection isn't on continuously so it's not immediate. might take a couple minutes but eventually the app should connect. I have my car set this way and it does connect, just sometimes it takes a while.

5. Ordep

Ordep Member

Same here. My car is now parked for 2 weeks at the airport, with always connected off and power save on. Opening the Tesla app will awake the car, but it can take 1 or 2 minutes.

6. Veritas1980

Veritas1980 Electric Viking

Hmm... I wonder what can cause this for mine then, I usually never have any connection problems.

I think I will take it with Tesla for the next service, hope it's a know problem and not something unique for my car.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!