Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sleeping in your Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen a few photos of mattresses in the back of the M3 including the hugely overpriced Dreamcase. I'm thinking about making my own out of some custom-sized memory foam etc ready for a road trip but the problem with all these use cases and photos are the cars are always in the butt **** of nowhere. Lovely.

But what if you're not? The whole car's made of glass and I don't really want some weirdo watching me sleep. Has anyone seen or used a removable blind for the roof and curtains for the sides/behind head at all?

I've seen a few photos of mattresses in the back of the M3 including the hugely overpriced Dreamcase. I'm thinking about making my own out of some custom-sized memory foam etc ready for a road trip but the problem with all these use cases and photos are the cars are always in the butt **** of nowhere. Lovely.

But what if you're not? The whole car's made of glass and I don't really want some weirdo watching me sleep. Has anyone seen or used a removable blind for the roof and curtains for the sides/behind head at all?

Thinking outside the box here :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TC8FPGL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_g1q6Eb62EE7XN

• Funny
Reactions: Mark-R and NewbieT
Travelodge.co.uk??!! Lol Sorry couldn’t resist.

I’m genuinely curious as to the use case here, what circumstances would you fancy sleeping in your M3? (Not mick taking now genuinely interested as I’m not sure I fancy it!!)

E853F775-A5D1-4B3B-9973-01AE1001BD46.jpeg
AF0A9BD0-F4FF-4595-84DB-33481242979B.jpeg
A5597EAD-0F91-4657-ADA0-469590E3D566.jpeg
07C96876-CE62-4A5B-8678-1ED8FE395C26.jpeg
EE23291F-487C-44D8-B1EB-8DA777BD4720.jpeg
Wahey, someone on the same wave length.
I ordered a custom fit foam mattress, and I created my own window shades using insulating material and Velcro strips.
I was shocked by the price of the dreamcase, and I was shocked at the price of ready made window shades. Worth noting my window shades have one purpose and that’s to let no light in whilst sleeping. They would be no good to help passengers in the back etc

Feel free to DM me if you’ve got questions About the shades or mattress. Happy to reply here too

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W. and m3p_uk
View attachment 552561 View attachment 552562 View attachment 552563 View attachment 552564 View attachment 552566Wahey, someone on the same wave length.
I ordered a custom fit foam mattress, and I created my own window shades using insulating material and Velcro strips.
I was shocked by the price of the dreamcase, and I was shocked at the price of ready made window shades. Worth noting my window shades have one purpose and that’s to let no light in whilst sleeping. They would be no good to help passengers in the back etc

Feel free to DM me if you’ve got questions About the shades or mattress. Happy to reply here too

Where did you buy them all from?

The whole car's made of glass and I don't really want some weirdo watching me sleep. Has anyone seen or used a removable blind for the roof and curtains for the sides/behind head at all?

TesMat privacy screen works pretty good, having to use a credit card to ‘tuck it in‘ is a bit annoying. The material seems the same as a light weight tent.

So far haven’t used it for camping, but changing out of cycling cloths in public parking lots it has been great.

- Privacy Screen for Model 3

TesMat privacy screen works pretty good, having to use a credit card to ‘tuck it in‘ is a bit annoying. The material seems the same as a light weight tent.

So far haven’t used it for camping, but changing out of cycling cloths in public parking lots it has been great.

That's more like it, thanks. The $299 for the reflectors is a bit more difficult to justify.

Looks like shipping is $25 with FedEx for 1-4 of them. 5-10 jumps to $72. Anybody want to come in on an order with me? Shouldn't be more than a few £ to re-post in the UK via RM.

~£44 for the Tesmat, £5 for the US shipping if there's 4 of us.

Last edited:

This looks useful if you're sleeping in the car but for changing cycling clothes I use the good old beach changing robe stood outside. Fast and cheap as chips!

How did I not see this... haha. That doesn’t look bad, but roof is missing and it doesn’t look anywhere near blackout. So maybe not quite complete, but a nice little product