TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sleeping toddler in 3-rd row

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by AndreyATC, Aug 25, 2014.

1. AndreyATC

AndreyATC Member

Hello all
    Now that my 5yo boy moved to jump seat in the back, he's having a hard time sleeping
    Seats are not as reclined nor comfortable as your regular car seats.
    He's head always "hangs" when he fall asleep
    What are you guys using for head/neck support?
    What works the best to get comfortable sleep?

Attached Files:

2. Zextraterrestrial

ow, makes my neck sore
    \
    how about a headband w/ a clip to the upper part of the seatbelt? :tongue:

3. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

There are a number of toddler/infant neck pillows, quite similar to those used by adults when traveling. One of those might be the solution. A quick search online should produce a number of suitable candidates. Since they're designed to fit within the harnesses of traditional car seats, they should also fit in the Tesla rear facing seats.

4. AndreyATC

AndreyATC Member

Well, i did some research, but it might take a few tries before i figure what works the best

Amazon.com : Skip Hop Zoo Neck Rest, Owl : Kids Neck Pillow : Baby
    Amazon.com : Jolly Jumper Sleep Time Neck Ring Child Head Support Pillow - Assorted Colors : Car Seat Head Positioning Pillows : Baby
    Amazon.com : ToddlerCoddler Toddler Head Support System in Camel : Child Safety Car Seat Accessories : Baby
    Amazon.com : Summer Infant Moisture Wicking Cradler, Black : Car Seat Head Positioning Pillows : Baby

However, it fascinates me how smart people on this forum are (or Tesla owners in general :) ) and i'm sure the best solution already exists
    So i'd like to pickup some ideas from owners who solved this problem

5. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

I'm just amazed that you still keep your (Monroney) window sticker in the car! And your sig says you have the Sound Studio option, so I'm even more confused about why you keep it on that side of the trunk!

6. AndreyATC

AndreyATC Member

Attached photo is not from my actual car, but from the test drive i had before i purchased it
    My son fell asleep a few minutes after i put him in there

Poor kids
    photo (1).JPG

7. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

so not to be telling you how strap your little guy in, but the top straps should be pulled down against the top of his shoulders. If you do that I think it'll help keep him a little bit more comfortable and also will give his head something to rest against when he falls asleep. Sort of like when he'd be in his so upright booster using the seat belt.

8. AndreyATC

AndreyATC Member

It is always in its lowest position
    Top picture was from testdrive, dont mind that please
    Just wanted to show what his head looks like after one-hour drive
    Seats are so upright, it's almost impossible for kid to rest his head on anything

Anyone tried different cushions?