TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sleepless in Seattle

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bob Jordan, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Bob Jordan

Bob Jordan Member

Have loved cars since I was a kid and tech since I knew what it was. After owning a Prius, a Hybrid Highlander, a Camry Hybrid and - currently a Chevy Volt - I'm awaiting deliver of an 85kWh Blue Model S with pano/performance leather/obeche gloss/tech/smart air/parking sensor/fog lamp/Ultra hi-fi/ambient lighting.

The Volt is a great car - better than the Toyotas - and my daughter will get it when the Model S arrives.

I enjoy this site and the comments interested parties post here.

My day job: News Director of KIRO-TV, the CBS affiliate in Seattle.

2. GSP

GSP Member

Congratulations on your purchase. Enjoy!

GSP

3. texex91

texex91 Banned

Enjoy the new ride Bob.

Post pics when you get it.

Welcome...:smile:

4. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

Congrats, Bob. You're in for a treat. The Model S changes everything.

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Welcome to the forum. So are you the guy we should ask "tough questions" when/if we see "troubling" reports about the Model S on KIRO? ;)

6. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

#6 dirkhh, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    I have noticed that once a news outlet (or a house of representatives, like in Oregon) has a member who drives a Tesla, the attitude towards EVs in general and Tesla in particular tends to shift...

PS: Welcome Bob - you'll LOVE this car...

7. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Can you do a story on the lack of charging infrastructure in Seattle (a 'green' city) in terms of apartment and condo dwellers? Even the new LEED certified apartments in Seattle have little to no charging in the garages.

8. SteveW25561

SteveW25561 Member

Congrats!

Actually, unless it's a breach of conflict of interest, I think your journey to ownership and delivery would make for a cool news item on KIRO. You know, documenting the delivery experience, to your first charging experiences at home, what's its like to own a Tesla (of which I know there are many in Seattle), and even a road trip (come up to Vancouver or go to Portland) with your experience at the Superchargers, plus the car's cargo capacity, etc. It would be worth showing the pros and the cons (eg. the inconvenience of Supercharging -- is it a real issue or not etc).

The biggest issue I see that as an owner, you might be criticized for only showing the plusses -- unfortunately (or fortunately), the Tesla experience is so overwhelmingly positive it's hard not to be an effusive fanboy.

I'm in Vancouver and we get lots of KIRO feeds here so I'll be watching for it....:smile:

9. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

That's a great idea. Come visit one of our PDX meetups, visit Centralia and Woodburn, and make it a story!

10. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Bob, if you decide to do such a story definitely contact dsm for some details. I've heard only some of his travails in dwelling hunting in the Seattle area and he definitely has valuable intel to offer -- especially as a Roadster + Model S owner.

11. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Welcome, Bob. Your daughter is lucky to get the Volt (my son is stuck with a plug-in Prius, which is nowhere near as good) - but you are luckier!

For new Seattle-area Tesla owners, there is a Facebook page HERE, and Google maillist/forums HERE. And hopefully you'll have your car by National Plug In Day on the 28th; you can join the festivities HERE (even if you don't have your car yet! The event is for everybody interested in EVs).

12. Saphire

Saphire Member

+1 I live I an apartment and will have to rely solely on public charging stations would love to bring more light to Seattle's infrastructure and charging stations.

Congratulations! You should join our meet up group.

13. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

What is the link to the meetup group?

14. Saphire

Saphire Member

I don't know if there is a link to the club but it's called NW Owners Club. If you go to the North America and then Northwest you can find more info than I'm able to provide. Last month was the first meeting held at the Lake Union Store.

15. TsRocket

TsRocket Member

If i see your blue, and you see my blue ... They can wink! Welcome to some people who have alot of time to type to each other, and most have never met. But we all love our cars ... A huge bond!

16. Saphire

Saphire Member

I take delivery of my Blue MS Sept 25th, not getting much sleep! When I see another blue I'll be winking and high fiving. LOL....Love Tesla!