Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slider for charge percentage not accurate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm closing this case and my interest in the matter. I'll just chalk it up to some sort of rounding error in the app math. When the actual charge percent is 69% it does the funny -1% limit setting math. When the charge is at a solid 70% or higher, it works correctly. If it ever gets worse, changes or otherwise becomes a (problem) I'll bring it up again.

I set my car to 80% and got 82% reported by TeslaFi, 81% available. Tesla App shows 81%.

I've also had a drop in max range reported by TeslaFi since the last FW update. I suspect that they changed something, but I have no idea what. 2019 M3 LR AWD.

Mine is really bad when the car is below 20% SOC

At the 50% mark its only showing 40% charging capacity .

At 100% mark its showing only 90% charging capacity.

When the car is charged 50% or above I get the -1% to -2% error.

But when the car is at a low SOC it has really large error or -10%

But if I leave the car to charge to the 50% mark it will show 50% when its charged so the error goes away.

It is very strange.

I have done under 3k miles and I have a perf M3.

No supercharging ever. Only he charge at 7kw

I've tried charging to 100% and left straight after it hit 100% and drove until under 90% it didn't help.

As you can see this is the lowest I've been in SOC. Always charging nightly to 80% or 90%
I'm trying to get to around 5% soc and recharge to 100% and see if it cures the problem.

I dont do this regularly at all. As I say I only do short journeys and charge nightly usually.

I'm just doing this to hopefully recalibrate the BMS.

If it doesnt cure it. I have a SC appointment booked in.

Pics below.
Screenshot_20200606-172832_Tesla.jpg
Screenshot_20200606-172838_Tesla.jpg