Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slight acceleration after taking foot off accelerator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Off late I notice that when I take my foot of the accelerator, my X starts to "slip" - seems like it accelerates slightly more instead of the regenerative breaking slowing it down. I had done the wheel alignment a few weeks ago if that may have caused this. It's a bit unnerving when this happens, since I can't anticipate the vehicle's behavior. Ideally I should take my foot off the accelerator and the vehicle should predictably slow down without having to immediately apply brakes. Is this a calibration issue when the wheel alignment was performed or something else ?

Maybe when it was in the shop they turned on Creep.
20210513_090637.jpg

Are you on AP or Cruise? If the speed is set, and you override accel, sometimes if you take your foot off accelerator it can speed up to set point. But I assume you know that and not what you are referring to.

Hi, Off late I notice that when I take my foot of the accelerator, my X starts to "slip" - seems like it accelerates slightly more instead of the regenerative breaking slowing it down. I had done the wheel alignment a few weeks ago if that may have caused this. It's a bit unnerving when this happens, since I can't anticipate the vehicle's behavior. Ideally I should take my foot off the accelerator and the vehicle should predictably slow down without having to immediately apply brakes. Is this a calibration issue when the wheel alignment was performed or something else ?
As long as the car battery is warm and less than 85-90% charge it should regen. Maybe a sensor got disconnected or broken when they were doing the alignment. I would take it in and have it checked.