Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slight alignment issue from factory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my car a few days ago... after driving it about 150 miles or so I'm pretty convinced there is some kind of slight alignment/centering issue. It feels like I have to keep the wheel turned just a tiny amount to the left in order for the car to track straight.

Anybody else have this issue right out of the gate? I'm not sure if it's something with the overall alignment or just something to do with the centering of the steering wheel. I do notice that the car seems to have a slight unstable feel to it, like very minor "hunting" when driving. It also seems like the autopilot adjusts for this as I can see it making slight movements of the wheel even on a completely straight and level road. I'm going to put in a service request about it but was just wondering if this is a common thing.

Picked up my car a few days ago... after driving it about 150 miles or so I'm pretty convinced there is some kind of slight alignment/centering issue. It feels like I have to keep the wheel turned just a tiny amount to the left in order for the car to track straight.

Anybody else have this issue right out of the gate? I'm not sure if it's something with the overall alignment or just something to do with the centering of the steering wheel. I do notice that the car seems to have a slight unstable feel to it, like very minor "hunting" when driving. It also seems like the autopilot adjusts for this as I can see it making slight movements of the wheel even on a completely straight and level road. I'm going to put in a service request about it but was just wondering if this is a common thing.
Could be centering, and the hunting could be you need a little more toe. When the car is too neutral, too little toe, it may feel like it doesn't track well. Adding a little toe will help that feeling, at the risk of greater wear, and possibly feathering on the inner tread blocks.

Hello, I picked up my Model 3 about 10 days ago. I noticed that the steering was not center. Took to Tesla. They checked the alignment said it needed a slight correction..

Thanks guys... I went ahead and added it to my existing service appointment to fix some trim issues. Of course now it changed it form a mobile appointment to me taking the car to the service center but hopefully they won't have to keep it just to do an alignment adjustment.

Interesting... same here. My wheel is off center to the right. I was going to wait until I swapped in coilovers and camber arms, but maybe I'll just add this to my existing service for an area of paint missing from my front bumper that was there when I got it delivered. Just thought I'd add to the number of people experiencing this...

• Funny
Reactions: 03DSG

same issue, car tracks straight

Update... took my car in for service and they did a 4 wheel alignment. Said the steering wheel was slightly off and that the rear toe on both sides was a little off. They claim it is all straight now and that they test drove it but as soon as I got the car back I don’t really notice any difference. It still feels like I’m having to hold the wheel slightly to the left or else the car drifts to the right. Not sure what to do now... probably check tire pressures but that seems like an unlikely cause.