Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slight dent in hood, what to do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, mine has the exact same dent as well. I added it to the list of items for my first service, but they didn't do anything about it. Frankly, it was way down the list of problems with the car, and based on other Model Ys I have seen, I think it may be an issue with most or all of them. I'm pretty sure it was there upon delivery. It also seems to largely get better when the trunk is open, so I do suspect it has to do with the latch pulling down too tightly and temporarily deforming the metal.

Also, as for closing the frunk, I find using both thumbs on the very lip of the hood right where it meets the bumper prevents putting palm prints on the paint and doesn't seem to flex the metal at all. I was never comfortable with the two hands on either side of the Tesla logo method. Always warped the metal while doing it.

I’ve only had my MY a few weeks but just noticed a slight indentation in the hood just to the left of the Tesla logo. On my delivery day, I invited two friends to come help me inspect the car and look for any issues. While I was inside talking to the deliver consultant, I saw that my friends and opened the frunk to inspect the area. When I came out, they said the frunk is broken and they couldn’t get it close. I remembered reading that you have to close the trunk a certain way and place your hands on either side on the Telsa logo to close it. I was able to get it closed just fine that day and have opened and closed it a few times, no issues. So I think the indentation could have occurred when my friends were trying to close the frunk or it was there on delivery day. So my question is, should I just live with it? No one would really notice unless they had a really keen eye for details or rub your hand over the area. How big of a deal would it be for the Tesla body shop to repair? Could I say that I just found the issue and didn’t notice it on delivery day? Let me know your thoughts....thanks
we found that dent on delivery. they made us take a picture and send it to them, make an appointment then bring it in to be fixed only to be told they are all like that because the latch is stronger than the hood metal. I could have save half a day had they just told me that when I sent them the photo!