TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

slight gap along top of HPWC

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by tomp, Jan 6, 2014.

1. tomp

tomp Member

Hi all,
    I noted a slight space or gap at the top of my HPWC following install (done myself with wiring by electrician). I'm referring to the way the metal cover fits on the body of the HPWC. The bottom appears flush, but there's a small gap along the top. Is this normal?
    Thanks!
    tom

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

2. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

Check to make sure you snapped the top of the cover on correctly. There are little tabs that click into place on the top. Look for the tabs on the cover and then look for where they should go. The gap should not be there.

3. Peter_M

Peter_M Member

Turn off the power and take the cover off (2 T20 Torx screws at the bottom) and then re-seat it.

From another thread:

• When putting the cover on, put the top in first, pressing down gently to get it to fit, then push in the bottom and then the middle. Starting at the bottom like they said didn't work for me.

4. Musterion

Musterion 18h 03m 37s −24° 23′ 12″

Yes, I agree; it is a bit finicky with reassembly. However, the extra gap may give you better cooling if you still have the old fuses which overheat. Someone else here operated their HPWC with the cover removed completely in that case (not recommended of course).