Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slight Vibration - Pedal/Steering Wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I had my car at a shop for a week for tint and wheel powder coating. Maybe it's just me but it just doesn't feel like it drives quite as smooth.

I purchased it with 3k miles (has just under 4k now), and it really had a spaceship feel - so smooth. Now when I drive it I can just sorta feel a little more resistance in the steering wheel, and on the accelerator pedal. It's subtle, but it just doesn't feel as smooth.

I know this is a long shot but I figured I'd see if anyone has experienced this, or might know what it could be. Thx!

Since tires were removed for powdercoating my first guess would be tires need to be rebalanced and my second guess would be lug nuts weren’t torqued to spec. A lot of reputable tire shops will have employees that’ll half ass a tire balance so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was that.

Reactions: KenC and BGDDYKWL
Since tires were removed for powdercoating my first guess would be tires need to be rebalanced and my second guess would be lug nuts weren’t torqued to spec. A lot of reputable tire shops will have employees that’ll half ass a tire balance so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was that.
Both right tires were mounted backwards (facing the wrong way). Is that an easy mistake to make? I feel like that's something that should be fairly obvious.